Kotpraline

How to stop Player from DC within a gunfight

I guess almost everyone of you guys knows that situation:

You're in a gunfight, PvP, wounded the other player pretty hard, and then...... what's that?? He's gone! Is it magic? A Bug? NO!

Most of the times its a coward player, who disconnected - using the menu to abort or just Alt+F4!

So i thought: "How is it possible to stop that?"

I think it's a good idea to create a wait-time for logging out (like in most mmorpg's). Or (if even possible) turn off the Alt+F4 combination in this game, wich i don't think works.

What's your oppinion on this suggestion? What do you think? Wouldn't something like that reduce the frustrationrate at PvP?

sry for maybe bad english

I think it's a good idea to create a wait-time for logging out (like in most mmorpg's). Or (if even possible) turn off the Alt+F4 combination in this game, wich i don't think works.

It can't be done. Any action would have to be retrospective and how would you decide the difference between a perfectly innocent network drop and someone combat logging?

yea same like if you have to wait 10 sec to log out via menu but if you Alt+F4 your char has to wait in game for 10 sec till he/she disappears

this topic has been extensively covered but it absolutely CAN be done. And sure someone may occasionally accidently disconnect, but usually if its an accident they would be safe. Obviously 9999 out of 10000 times when people disconnect it is intentional. Its the most exploitable/non professional aspect of this game!

It has been suggested 1 000 000 000 times. I counted.

And it can be done, yes.

The timeout should be longer for those players who recently fired a weapon or were wounded by a firearm.