Sign in to follow this  
lastlupin

what to do?

i started day z about 2 weeks ago spawned near the ocean and forest and i was near train tracks and i had nothing is there a guide or something that can help me?

Hi - Ive had the game just a few days longer than you, loving it when I can actually get on ( damn load screens! and the servers are down !! )

Try this link to the map: http://dayzmap.com/

And your best bet next is to just google whatever you'r not sure of. Google is your friend B)

Also, a good idea would be to watch some let's play on youtube to learn more about the concept of the game. I suggest to watch let's play/impression of SideStrafe to learn more about the game:

That's what made me buy it and also helped at the start, not that I'm good at it...

Edited by PvTMuffin

Check out the site in my sig, there is a lot of good info for veterans and newbies alike.

Good luck, be careful out there.

Best to read up somethings on the DayzWiki so you get to grips with it's map and landmarks. Soon you'll know the South like the back of your hand. Then you can go further North, but don't think about that too soon.

Learn your stuff down in the major cities:- Electro & Cherno

They have the best loot, But there is an Airfield West of Cherno. If you get hunger for a risk, go there and you might come across a gun or two.

As someone has posted above, the Wiki map will help you define which path you will take. Go look up some videos on youtube with tutorials aswell on how to get started, How to get the best gear for heading North and How to deal with other players.

Hope this helps :)