Sign in to follow this  
Jpo2434

Will all servers have side chat disabled?

I wanted to know whether or not side chat is disabled on all servers. I think that without side chat the game is so darn lonely. It also adds a whole new aspect to the game because you make deals with other people and you have to decide whether or not to trust them. I've only found one server with side chat so far and that was by far the most fun I'd had playing this game. However, I haven't found one since. I think the servers should have side chat enabled! It makes the game way more fun and interesting!

• Like 3

I agree, plus it's much easier to read peoples intentions from their voice than practically playing russian roullette with every encounter, but as for your question noone ( at leat no servers I've been on) have it enabled.

Edited by K5v9n

Admins do have the option to enable it! Was playing on one server with the admin McDougal and sidechat on... too bad I forgot the server ;P

US34 has global chat enabled. You have to be careful though becuase global chat servers are common targets for hackers.

Admins do have the option to enable it! Was playing on one server with the admin McDougal and sidechat on... too bad I forgot the server ;P

In order to turn side chat on you have to edit the mission file which is against DayZ rules.

While anyone can edit the files, it is STRICTLY against DayZ rules to do so.

While anyone can edit the files, it is STRICTLY against DayZ rules to do so.

This.

I'd like to turn it back on but I can't because it's against the rules set.

They do not have this option. It is disabled as a feature of DayZ.

US34 has global chat enabled. You have to be careful though becuase global chat servers are common targets for hackers.

I will speak with this server Admin/owner about correcting this.

US 669 was the one I was talking about, has side and global chat plus an active admin! Great protection :D

I will speak with this server Admin/owner as well about correcting this.

In order to turn side chat on you have to edit the mission file which is against DayZ rules.

Correct

This.

I'd like to turn it back on but I can't because it's against the rules set.

Exactly

The thing about global chat is that server owners can not edit these files anymore. Atleast Vilayer cannot.