Sign in to follow this  
Detta (DayZ)

Clan Subforums

Hello. Me and some fellow clan members were discussing about launching a website to host our forum. The reason behind this is increased communication, more organized planning and grouping, as well as an easier way to get acquainted and familiar with each other and the clan.

I thought about it, and I figured that covering expenses for both the server hosting, a voicechat server and a website can be economically tiresome. If DayZMod.com hosted subforums dedicated to different clans that meet certain requirements, it would increase both publicity for the forum, the clan, and their server. It is somewhat mutually beneficial.

I could post an example of possible requirements:

• Your clan needs a home-server, or one that you host.
  • You need at least xx amount of members.
  • The clan subforum needs at least xx posts a week, and the members have to be active.

Please spill your beans on what you think about this idea, I would love to see this opportunity implemented.

No. there would be about 100-200 SubForums and Hardly ANY would get used, maybe once in a while but it would take Lots of bandwith from the website server.

This would be very convenient, and it is much easier to add something to a forum than say fixing a certain alt-F4 problem....

No. there would be about 100-200 SubForums and Hardly ANY would get used, maybe once in a while but it would take Lots of bandwith from the website server.

That's why there are requirements.. Inactive subforums would get removed. It could be paid for (a small amount), or it could be considered lucrative, a rarity. Only offered to the major clans around, I'm not sure.

It requires more conventional thinking, but I was hoping to get some intelligent input on this.

Edited by Detta