lghts

new small item that makes a huge differnce

hi im a rl hunter and i like collecting guns and eny time i use a rifle i like to clean it, becouse if you dont the accuricy will degrade, so i was thinking of add an item to the tool belt a cleaning kit, the average day in dayz is running, crawling, raining, all these will destroy even the ak47.

leave a comment on what you think and if the dev team sees this plz think about a whole new survival aspect and i dont think it will make it harder or easier to survive

• Like 6

There's already been many threads on this topic. I know because I started one, and then got told the same thing.

• Like 1

hi im a rl hunter and i like collecting guns and eny time i use a rifle i like to clean it, becouse if you dont the accuricy will degrade, so i was thinking of add an item to the tool belt a cleaning kit, the average day in dayz is running, crawling, raining, all these will destroy even the ak47.

leave a comment on what you think and if the dev team sees this plz think about a whole new survival aspect and i dont think it will make it harder or easier to survive

As the person above me mentioned, there are indeed a lot of these posts already (i've also started one a while back)

This is mine, and it references to few similar posts http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23253-different-spin-on-weapon-maintenance/

On another note, Rocket, in the FPSGuru interview, did mention he is curious exploring this in future

Field cleaning kit + weapons decay over time/use, any time. As mentioned you aren't first with the idea but who cares any more right?

As the person above me mentioned, there are indeed a lot of these posts already (i've also started one a while back)

This is mine, and it references to few similar posts http://dayzmod.com/f...on-maintenance/

On another note, Rocket, in the FPSGuru interview, did mention he is curious exploring this in future

thank you very much for your time and comments i just realy want this new survival eliment, atm im surviving on my own and its super hard but there could be more i have alot of the top gear and not much more i could do in term of scavenging or killing zeds or even killing players whitch i dont like doing

Yeah, I am for wear and tear, but type your suggestion into word before you post it and get is spell-checked. I am somewhat OCD and this drives me crazy ;)

WIRE CUTTERS, These need to be implemented into the game.

if you have a tool box you can destroy it by scolling the center stand

im having to much fun in dayz the zeds in stary are having a rave in the wearhouse

maybe not the cleaning kit, but to have wep's break over time u need to replace them, maybe not break, but jamming frequently, then u have to break out the hatchet and go hunting for a new wep, theres already enough needing to spend time lighting fires for food, drinking, bandages, etc, another thing on the list to make ur char stationary and an easy target would make it more painful, maybe making guns have a "3 dayz" life would be better, so after 2-3 days they would jam/break, forcing you to get a new wep

maybe not the cleaning kit, but to have wep's break over time u need to replace them, maybe not break, but jamming frequently, then u have to break out the hatchet and go hunting for a new wep, theres already enough needing to spend time lighting fires for food, drinking, bandages, etc, another thing on the list to make ur char stationary and an easy target would make it more painful, maybe making guns have a "3 dayz" life would be better, so after 2-3 days they would jam/break, forcing you to get a new wep

No, this I really don't like. Basically I think some guns should be fairly durable like AK's and shotguns as an example but the higher spec. weapons such as AS50's and so on should take some maintenance to keep them at their best. It would help balance things out and would mean that players that favour the higher end gear would need to invest some time into the upkeep of it. Having a 3 day life just seems way to simple and doesn't address some of the balance issues with the high grade weapons in the game.

• Like 1

No, this I really don't like. Basically I think some guns should be fairly durable like AK's and shotguns as an example but the higher spec. weapons such as AS50's and so on should take some maintenance to keep them at their best. It would help balance things out and would mean that players that favour the higher end gear would need to invest some time into the upkeep of it. Having a 3 day life just seems way to simple and doesn't address some of the balance issues with the high grade weapons in the game.

very good point fraggle and the sniper rifles are the main catigory of weapon i was thinking of i see youtube vids of ppl sniping and the airfields and doing it so effortless.