Sign in to follow this  
WhitewolfUK

Too many hackers/scripters/whatever else you want to call it.

So, for the past week EVERY server I go in, is infested with hackers. Must go on at least 3 a day and every single one of them has had an hacker/multiple hackers in them. Its got out of hand and me and my friends are considering quitting the game and some already have. Shoot through walls, teleported to random places where a group of noobs open fire. It's happening on a daily basis and is completely ruining my dayZ experience.

Last night, I ran upbehind someone in a ghille camping elektro with his good ol' AS50 out - Got him, looted his body and then he spawns infront of me and kills me. *sigh*

something really needs to be done...

• Like 1

Hey. It's another post about the same thing,. Cool!

• Like 1

Even tought I have to agree on the hacker fact, You have to understand that this is still a alpha mod and even if we put the national guard watching the log on every single server, hacker will always find a way to hack on any server and any single games.

Its sad but true

Even tought I have to agree on the hacker fact, You have to understand that this is still a alpha mod and even if we put the national guard watching the log on every single server, hacker will always find a way to hack on any server and any single games.

Its sad but true

Never seen this many hackers in my gaming years.

• Like 1

You have to remember that we're all essentially alpha testers. It's not like you bought a game that's infested with hackers. It's a free mod that's in development stages. Granted, it happens to be a particularly good alpha mod, but again, this isn't a finished product, and rocket never made any guarrantees or promises about it. Honestly, report any hacking in the appropriate part of the forums, and keep things in perspective. If Rocket ever intends to release this game as a finished product, he'll have to do something about the hackers. But until then, nobody says you have to play DayZ.

Edited by NightRipper

You have to remember that we're all essentially alpha testers. It's not like you bought a game that's infested with hackers. It's a free mod that's in development stages. Granted, it happens to be a particularly good alpha mod, but again, this isn't a finished product, and rocket never made any guarrantees or promises about it. Honestly, report any hacking in the appropriate part of the forums, and keep things in perspective. If Rocket ever intends to release this game as a finished product, he'll have to do something about the hackers. But until then, nobody says you have to play DayZ.

Is there any way to see name tags on this game? As most servers I've been on don't have them so it's going to be fairly hard to do any reporting :(

Is there any way to see name tags on this game? As most servers I've been on don't have them so it's going to be fairly hard to do any reporting :(

The best thing to do is report the day/time/server name/rough location of the incident. Server admins tend to check the forums pretty regularly, and they can take further action. Here's a good example of a successful incident report:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/34070-rapant-hacking-on-us-847-lotcs-2nd-official/

Hey. It's another post about the same thing,. Cool!

Hey. You keep posting the same crap... Get original!

The best thing to do is report the day/time/server name/rough location of the incident. Server admins tend to check the forums pretty regularly, and they can take further action. Here's a good example of a successful incident report:

http://dayzmod.com/f...s-2nd-official/

Thank you, I'll remember that for next time.

TOO MUCH HACKERS :(

Like EACH Day I Got Killed By A Hacker ....

1 Time : Teleport Everyone on The Map At The Same Spot

2 Time : Guy Teleport Him Self In Front Of Me And Start Killing Me And My Buddy (3 DMR Bullets In His Face + Half A Clip Of L85) ...He Was Still Standing (No Blood)

3 Time : Nuked The Server ---____---

Time #2 : Was On US #00 {GMT -6} (Named -Anonymous)

Edited by Duffman

TOO MUCH HACKERS :(

Like EACH Day I Got Killed By A Hacker ....

1 Time : Teleport Everyone on The Map At The Same Spot

2 Time : Guy Teleport Him Self In Front Of Me And Start Killing Me And My Buddy

3 Time : Nuked The Server ---____---

I got killed by helicopters falling on my head in elektro once. -.-

I got killed by helicopters falling on my head in elektro once. -.-

Yeah, Lets Hope They Will Have A Better Anti-Hack In The Stand Alone.... (WhenEver This Thing Is Suppose To Be Release)

• Like 1

Arma 2 is a military, fps, tactical shooter...that released in 2009. Anything that old is going to be hacked by now. As Rocket states: this mod is a hack ontop of arma 2. Wait for the standalone, or ride it out.

Arma 2 is a military, fps, tactical shooter...that released in 2009. Anything that old is going to be hacked by now. As Rocket states: this mod is a hack ontop of arma 2. Wait for the standalone, or ride it out.

TRUE!

What you said is true but due to the games intended sandbox use, hacking will always be an issue, far more than other PC games. With open source code it's actually easy to script and there are numerous instructional topics about scripting on Bohemia's website. It's why DayZ is possible in the first place using the ArmaII engine.

The best thing to do is play on moderated servers and report hacking incidents so they can ban the player account.

Hacking exists in every PC game, and DayZ is one of them.

join 3rd person off, I've yet to see a single hacker in 3 weeks playing on the vet servers with all options off.