KingCow

lockable doors and the axe.

Probably we will soon have a axe or hatchet item. I assume if rocket can make trees an interactive item he can do the same with doors.

Perhaps it would be fun if we were able to lock doors to hide loot and so on inside. (maybe with a rare 'key' drop or lock pick?) Perhaps different buildings would require seprate keys and we can collect them on a keychain, which can be looted naturally. Military keys would be very rare and only found on military zombies...

If we really want to make the mod balls to the wall hard every building could start locked on a server reset.

The axe could be used to break through locked doors. It would also be nice to have the option to booby trap the door with a grenade. (and string/wire?)

Clearly this idea would work better if more enterable buildings are made. Although it could still work as the map is now if a axe and or lockpick can be used to open them and assuming most people have one or both.

Breaking down a door with a axe would make a lot of noise.

This would be cool, if only to shout 'Heeeeeeeere's Johnny!' on Direct Comms while doing it.

This would be cool' date=' if only to shout 'Heeeeeeeere's Johnny!' on Direct Comms while doing it.

[/quote']

Ok that made me laugh! XD

Anyway to get on topic, I've made a quite extensive post on different ideas I have for the mod including axes and how wood should work. Go check it out and tell me what you think. http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5150

I approve lockable doors or buildings, however, more in a barricade sense, not a simple key.

Ideally those door should have 'health' and be easily broken up by a group of zoombies or a couple of humans with an eventual (crude) meele system.

Yes sephirotic maybe barricade would be better. Zarlaks comment also made me laugh.

I can picture fun moments where a bandit is in a panic trying to bash down a door to kill a survivor and get into cover before the noise brings in the zombie rush.