Sign in to follow this  
GangreeL

AS50-M107

I have practicing sniping and i have noticed that.

I can manually calculate easily the range of target without range finder with M107 using milidots formula while at full zoom.Target Height * 1000 / Milidots high but i cant do the same with AS50

The milidots dont seem to be where the should be.Have anyone noticed the same? And if yes can he correct me or suggest me something.

Thank u in advance.Sry for poor english.

Edited by GangreeL

*EDIT*

I missed the 'dont' when I was reading you post, yes its not accurate. i was checking it and its seems like its add like 100-180 meters to the object distance.

I think you can change the object height to fit that formula.

Edited by DooM4MR

I m using a Firing range map.For Arma 2 OA.Firing range ACE if i recall correct.

i postet it already and by DayZ is it 1.8*1000/Mildots by zooming in ........ so when he is 2 Mildots big by zooming in its 1800/2 hes = 900 meters away ....... 5 grade mathematik .....

I ran some tests and came up with these numbers. The formula is as you said Height*1000/mildot height. Range to target on DMR, M107 and M24 is done useing this Height of object is set to 2m so the math is: 2*1000/mildot height. While the AS50 has the wrong mildot distance in the scope you can still use it.. just change target height value. The correct formula is setting target height to 1.4m (donno why but this compensates) and the math is: 1.4*1000/mildot height

these values are all when useing zoomed scope.

Edited by Honey Badger.
  • Like 1

Thank u for replying Xaiier.

Was so cocky i replaced my M107, but now sadness :( .Hate the range finder always buggin when u r huggin a tree.

I ran some tests and came up with these numbers. The formula is as you said Height*1000/mildot height. Range to target on DMR, M107 and M24 is done useing this Height of object is set to 2m so the math is: 2*1000/mildot height. While the AS50 has the wrong mildot distance in the scope you can still use it.. just change target height value. The correct formula is setting target height to 1.4m (donno why but this compensates) and the math is: 1.4*1000/mildot height

these values are all when useing zoomed scope.

Ty for replying.Do u have numbers for Monkey / crawling zombies height target also m8?

Ty for replying.Do u have numbers for Monkey / crawling zombies height target also m8?

i can run them for you. Here some extra info. when useing unzoomed scope the object height is set to 0.65 on DMR, M24, M107 and on the AS50 it is 0.45 so 0.45*1000/mildot height

and if you want to be pro you can also take your elevation compared to your targets elevation for a 100% correct shot. useing pythagoras.

Edited by Honey Badger.

Here are the full values.

Standing targets/Zeds

Standard US mildot rangeing system

(M24,DMR,M107 all zoomed) - constant = 2, so the formula is 2*1000/mildot height=range

(DMR,M105 not zoomed) - constant = 0.65, so the formula is 0.65*1000/mildot height=range

AS50 British Mildot system

AS50 zoomed - constant = 1.4, so the formula is 1.4*1000/mildot height=range

AS50 not zoomed - constant = 0.45, so the formula is 0.45*1000/mildot height=range

Crouched Targets/Monkey Zeds

Standard US mildot rangeing system

(M24,DMR,M107 all zoomed) - constant = 1.2, so the formula is 1.2*1000/mildot height=range

(DMR,M105 not zoomed) - constant = 0.4, so the formula is 0.4*1000/mildot height=range

AS50 British Mildot system

AS50 zoomed - constant = 0.8, so the formula is 0.8*1000/mildot height=range

AS50 not zoomed - constant = 0.3, so the formula is 0.3*1000/mildot height=range

Edited by Honey Badger.
  • Like 4

http://dayzwiki.com/...?title=BAF_AS50

There is a formula on the wiki.

To estimate the range to a standing player/target (height = 1.8m) while using the AS50 with 12x magnification, use the following formula: r = 1375/h (r is the target's range in meters and h is the target's height in mils). A standing player that is 5 mils tall will be 275 m from the AS50 operator

To estimate the range to a crouched player/target (height = 1.3m) while using the AS50 with 12x magnification, use the following formula: r = 1000/h (r is the target's range in meters and h is the target's height in mils). A crouched player that is 2 mils tall will be approximately 500 m from the AS50 operator.

Edited by Pingulol

http://dayzwiki.com/...?title=BAF_AS50

There is a formula on the wiki.

To estimate the range to a standing player/target (height = 1.8m) while using the AS50 with 12x magnification, use the following formula: r = 1375/h (r is the target's range in meters and h is the target's height in mils). A standing player that is 5 mils tall will be 275 m from the AS50 operator

To estimate the range to a crouched player/target (height = 1.3m) while using the AS50 with 12x magnification, use the following formula: r = 1000/h (r is the target's range in meters and h is the target's height in mils). A crouched player that is 2 mils tall will be approximately 500 m from the AS50 operator.

sorry i may be being dumb but if you are using mils instead of heights in comparison to mildots would the size of your screen not fuck up that calc?

sorry i may be being dumb but if you are using mils instead of heights in comparison to mildots would the size of your screen not fuck up that calc?

No you are using height in mildots, you just use a different "base number". With the normal formula it is 1800/height in mildots for standing targets, with the as50, for standing targets it's 1375/height in mildots.