I downloaded the new update 2 hour ago, i joined a french server and i noticed an huge lag, mmm i was totally disappointed but did not know the reason of the problem: it might be a server issue or the new update. However i was not the only 1 with this problem. Most of the people in that server had the same issue. Of course i decided to change server, i jumped inside an EU server, nothing changed. huge lag for most of the players.

I joined a NY then another EU server (not the same EU server i tryed before): the huge lag it still present like a loyal friend who do not want to leave you alone. and once again everyone had the same issue. global chat

was full of complaints. That's my personal experience with 1.58.

The potential of the mod it's incredible and im still loving it, moreover i understand is just an alpha ecc. but...there might be some problem with the new update.

Same problem here. And most of the users in the chat were bitching about it as well so I know it's not just me. Also makes me travel slower than my friend running at the same speed. It's LIKE FPS lag but affects everything you do. Other players can see it happening to you.

Saw my friend get knocked out in slow motion.

For a couple of seconds I thought "Is he going to belt that zombies somehow?"

Then he fell over. Poor bastard. Also got killed and lost a lot of nice stuff from it.

I died and when I respawned, lag was bad. Use a GTX590 and i7 2600k. Gave up.

Also can't seem to vault over wire any more.

Playing on US servers a few minutes ago I did not have any of the complications in gameplay you're referring to.

Oh. My specs:

AMD Phenom II 925 processor 2.8 ghz

ATI Radeon 6770 HD

8 gigs DDR3 ram

Windows 7 64-bit

Did you have FPS lag? Somehow I have some really bad FPS lag right now that won't stop... I didnt have this before.

Same here. I get 15 fps at most. Gfx settings don't seem to change much.

Suggestion: could we go back to 1.57 until this problem its totally fixed? at the moment the game its hardly enjoyable. well, its not at all at the moment. To be honest i saw 2 guys, when i asked in chat if everyone lags, saying "well we lag but is not that bad". so it might depends on which pc you have (personal thought, take it easy im not an expert). but for what i saw 90% of the players lag sooo bad. personally my frame drops its incredible. i always played with 30/35 fps now im "playing" (lets use this word...) with 10/15 max. ONCE AGAIN: im not trying to bitch or to put the mod on a bad light, i like it but....if someone will download the mod right now for the first time it wouldnt be satisfied. i fear this new update could slow the mod pupularity.

same here was getting real bad FPS lag. I had to lower my settings to normal when I was used to running it on high with no problems.

i did notice the graphics look a bit different, like a bit more pixalated.

Also, I did notice that changing graphics made no change when still in game in terms of performance. I had to restart the game to see the performance come back.

Last night with everything on normal and a full restart everything was running normal, but I couldn't set it on high anymore.

PC Specs

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz

8GB Corsair

MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II OC Radeon HD 6950 2GB

For reference, I can run BF3 on High/Ultra with about 40-60fps

I've noticed a pretty significant FPS drop' date=' but still playable.

[/quote']

+1

Had it running on 1280x1024 before, on mostly high settings. Now ive dropped it down to 1024x768 and very low settings and im about the same fps i was before. Maybe a bit less. Still playable, im not too fussed about graphics, but somethings definitely not quite right.

Happened to me a few times, seemed to fix itself by alt tabbing in and out, though that could just be coincidence.

Happened to me a few times' date=' seemed to fix itself by alt tabbing in and out, though that could just be coincidence.

[/quote']

dude....its a coincidence.

Yes this update is lagging like a bitch in heat. I'm not sure what ever new things they implemented were causing the lag, but I had no problem playing the previous version.

It's really hard to play this game when your character is walking in slow motion and you can't turn around to view your surrounding quick enough, or be able to point your weapon right away at the zombies that are charging at you.

You guys please check the damn bug section. PEOPLE ARE POSTING IN THE BUG SECTION. THIS GAME IS IN TESTING SO YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it's amazing and awesome but we need to work together and help the admin know whats is going wrong on the bug section cause all of the post on the general discussion are just annoying for the mods and others.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5010

You guys please check the damn bug section. PEOPLE ARE POSTING IN THE BUG SECTION. THIS GAME IS IN TESTING SO YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

well seems like the problem is solved. i have done nothing to fix it, its just automatically disappeared. good for me at least.