Sign in to follow this  
Grandchamp (DayZ)

First Impression

So hello guys,

I played my first hour and holy dam this mod is genius. But lets start from the beginnig.

In the first few min I was completly lost, had to check the forums to know what to do, just to find out that I was right. Yes, I have no weapon.

I checked the area, no house or sign of life near just some railtracks. I followed them and I finally found a small village. But the idiot I am I rushed in just to pull a horde of zombies.

I ran around like a retard and I found a player who just layed there, watching me gettin chased down, that mofo just you wait. Finally I got into a dock and (thanks to the forum I know it is a safe zone) jumped into the water and waited till the zombies were gone.

I just stayed at the docks for a while and checked the situation. Remember the dude who just watched me gettin eatin alive? Yeah exactly him was now the prey and they got him, I laughed so hard. After gettin my balls together I sneaked between the zombies and I found some stuff but no weapon so far. Gonna play tomorrow but so far it was a good experience.

• Like 3

Nice to see a new player who has the sense to work out how to play the game for himself. Have some bean and welcome. :D

Keep it up! Check out the GuideZ channel if you have any questions.

Beware of swimming. Swimming causes your character to drop most items from your inventory to avoid drowning. You can lose your gun, items and even your bag.

Most of the guides i've read just said to run into a town and find as much stuff as you can. Being sneaky is unnecessary when you have nothing.

I've seen a ton of newbs running around aggro'ing stuff up. If you were one of them, I'm sorry but I had no weapon and didn't want to get involved with that mess you made.