Sign in to follow this  
Fishypokey

Suggestion of using VAC ban for hackers.

So far VAC ban is the most strict bans in the gaming world imo, when you get banned, your whole steam account will be gone, alone with all the games in the account. How about that?

what about ppl dont own this game thru steam?

steam has nothing to do with anything.

So far VAC ban is the most strict bans in the gaming world imo, when you get banned, your whole steam account will be gone, alone with all the games in the account. How about that?

Not correct.

You get VAC banned on the engine you were exploting in, lets say you get banned in CS 1.6, you will still be able to play on CSS servers. Get banned in CSS? You wont have access to CSS, TF2, etc.

Same for the modernwarfare series, if you get banned in MW2, you wont be able to play MW2, but you can play MW3.

Note that you are only banned on vac servers, you are still able to play on non-vac secured servers

Edited by Suspenselol

VAC is a particularly poor anti-cheat system. I would suggest you go and do some reading about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Anti-Cheat

VAC bans are deferred, which makes them unfit for a game like this with permadeath. What you want to do is ban hackers as quickly as possible. Using VAC a hacker could quite easily kill thousands of characters before they were removed from play.

hmmm, D: but battleye is pretty much useless now with all the bypass.

I am getting so tired of repeating myself lol.

Theres no difference from a bypass, and releasing an undetected hack. Its the same thing. A hack for ArmA 2 that contains a bypass, is only undetected until Battleye does a software detection. This is the same for EVERY ANTI CHEAT SYSTEM. Battleye is doing software detections all the time.

As far as I know, VAC only works with Steam-only games, so it is not possible. The bans are tied to a steam account. And like mentioned, insta-bans work better with a game like this.

Edited by Timppa

I see what you mean OP, but it wouldn't work.

Unfortunately we are going to have to deal with these hacking problems, until they are fixed.

• Like 1