NightRipper

Script Kiddie God Mode Hackers? No Problem.

So after reading my 19 billionth forum rant about hackers ruining the game, I finally had my first run-in with one. Here's my story:

Day 26. Fully pimped out in all of the top-tier gear. Running in the middle of nowhere in the woods with two other friends. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, *pow* *pow* *pow* from a silenced weapon. Before I can blink, I'm down. "You Are Dead" screen. "What the fuck?" I say. General commotion from my mates. One of them flanks the guy who took me down. "He has god mode, dude, I just emptied two clips into his head," I hear him say. They disconnect. We contact the server admin. The guy is scripting. He's banned. My mates reconnect. They look for my body. "I hear flies, but your body isn't there," one of them says. Shit. Whatever. "I'm going to bed," I tell them.

I thought about being angry about this. But seriously, this is just a game. And if I go to the forums and QQ about it, doesn't that just give the power to the hacker? I for one refuse to give him the satisfaction. So yeah, I died from a teleporting god-mode script kiddie hacker, but who the hell cares? I'll probably go down to the coast and terrorize new spawns with a hatchet, or maybe go repair a vehicle. I don't know. The sky's the limit! So yeah, hackers can go suck my left nut, but I'll be damned if I let them ruin my day.

Who's with me?

• Like 32

You still made a post about that hacker killing you. That still gives them satisfaction does it not?

I'd be with you if I wasn't a server admin. While its not much skin off a players ass to have to recover from dealing with an exploiter, server admins on the other hand have to spend inordinate amounts of time banning them.

Whats more half these people are bypassing BattlEye entirely and it appears a lot of the hack suites available are generating random GUID's and even spoofing IP's so their users cannot be banned in any functional manner available to a server admin. I banned the same guy 4 times yesterday and he kept coming back with a new GUID and in one case where I IP banned him from the server, he came back with a completely different class A block IP than the one I banned.

I eventually just shut down the server and left it down for 3 hours cause I was tired of dealing with it.

So yeah I get you man, no skin off your ass, game is still fun for you and no reason to let an asshat ruin your fun. But for server admins, these asshats aren't just ruining our fun, its turning DayZ into a second job that we have to pay to do.

• Like 7

I'm with you. Had one try the column of fire thing on me but I bailed before he could fry me. Wish I could say the same for the handfull of others who were not so lucky.

I'd be with you if I wasn't a server admin. While its not much skin off a players ass to have to recover from dealing with an exploiter, server admins on the other hand have to spend inordinate amounts of time banning them.

Whats more half these people are bypassing BattlEye entirely and it appears a lot of the hack suites available are generating random GUID's and even spoofing IP's so their users cannot be banned in any functional manner available to a server admin. I banned the same guy 4 times yesterday and he kept coming back with a new GUID and in one case where I IP banned him from the server, he came back with a completely different class A block IP than the one I banned.

I eventually just shut down the server and left it down for 3 hours cause I was tired of dealing with it.

So yeah I get you man, no skin off your ass, game is still fun for you and no reason to let an asshat ruin your fun. But for server admins, these asshats aren't just ruining our fun, its turning DayZ into a second job that we have to pay to do.

I admit, I could never do the job of a server admin. I really wish there were more tools at your disposal, and the fact that GUIDs can be duped like that is awful.

I would imagine that once school starts again, and all the little kiddies have to their homework and be in bed early. We should see a decrease in the number of scripters...

/Salute

26 days?! You need to die more often ;)

or log in more my friend went on vacation hes now back on a 33 day alive streak

I just ran into one...parked a bus and got out and waited to see if anyone was following me. Ghillie suited player on a bike comes up the hill, doesn't see me at first, I empty my ak magazine. Don't know if I get any hits. I hide in the trees to see if he is moving around. It was dark and he had the ghillie advantage but he did walk out facing away from me. I lined up with his head and fired almost another entire magazine at him...No reaction, but he did turn around and kill me with a .50 rifle.

Unless I missed every shot, he wasn't bleeding or anything.

You sir have my beans for the bs you have to deal with so we can play :)

cheers and beers man, it is muchly appreciated !

I care about hackers as much as I care about people who post these kinds of threads.

So after reading my 19 billionth forum rant about hackers ruining the game, I finally had my first run-in with one. Here's my story:

Day 26. Fully pimped out in all of the top-tier gear. Running in the middle of nowhere in the woods with two other friends. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, *pow* *pow* *pow* from a silenced weapon. Before I can blink, I'm down. "You Are Dead" screen. "What the fuck?" I say. General commotion from my mates. One of them flanks the guy who took me down. "He has god mode, dude, I just emptied two clips into his head," I hear him say. They disconnect. We contact the server admin. The guy is scripting. He's banned. My mates reconnect. They look for my body. "I hear flies, but your body isn't there," one of them says. Shit. Whatever. "I'm going to bed," I tell them.

I thought about being angry about this. But seriously, this is just a game. And if I go to the forums and QQ about it, doesn't that just give the power to the hacker? I for one refuse to give him the satisfaction. So yeah, I died from a teleporting god-mode script kiddie hacker, but who the hell cares? I'll probably go down to the coast and terrorize new spawns with a hatchet, or maybe go repair a vehicle. I don't know. The sky's the limit! So yeah, hackers can go suck my left nut, but I'll be damned if I let them ruin my day.

Who's with me?

That's so friggin' true, every time I respawn with high tier gears, I'm always lucky as sh*t, like spawning in Elektro and taking down a fully endgame geared sniper with a revolver or something.

Now I have AS50, NV Gogs, GPS, Coyote BP, M107 in the BP, Ghillie and lots o' random stuff...

What I lost before that was just a DMR, GPS, Coyote BP and randoms...

I was this close to rage, but I was more like "Lets give it a try one last time" - and it paid off!

Any reason you picked your left nut, or did ya just flip a coin?

Edited by Rock