Sign in to follow this  
Long_Live_Don

The rush of not alt-f4'ing

Has anyone felt this feeling before? I assume it's quite a rare occurance.

2 people, me and my buddy, both of us armed with an as-50, NVG's, and I have an M4cco sd or w/e it's called. Just to give you an idea of what was at stake.

Have been surviving for days upon days, pillaging and looting everything and anything from anybody or nobody...<the way of the bandit>

We head into the small, deadly, yet (at the moment) quiet town known as Stary Sobor. All seemed well, checked out the tents, the main town, and even a crashed heli right outside the city. Went back towards the field to loot the deer stand somewhat towards the military tents, get about 50 feet from it.

BANG! Dinnerbell. The dreaded and unmistakable sound of the Lee Enfield was heard. The hunted seeking blood from the hunters. The lamb taking charge, clamping down on the mistakes of the lions..to become the king himself.

But from where? Why? Who? It didn't matter. We just had to survive. "ENFIELDDD!!!" I shrieked to my young friend Sean. Shots were landing at my feet, zipping by my head, everywhere. Any moment could have been our last. Trying to get a fix on his location was no good, as any attempt to stand still and return fire could have resulted in my purge.

We bolted into the woods, still hearing the bell of death closing in. Along the way, we spot multiple items on the ground. Slimy...wet...the stench of raw MEAT. It was everywhere! We kept running as fast as we could, coming across even more raw meat. Another 30 seconds into the forest, my worst fear became my reality. More raw meat, along with a roaring campfire, and half a dozen pitched tents.

It was the lair of the meat murderer. The stories and legends were true all along. They say the raw meat comes from his victims flesh. And then we see it..4...5 bodies of his recent killings. Stiff, still warm.

With the meat murderer closing in on our trail, we do the unthinkable. We enter the demon's lair. Searching for anything that could dispose of such a beast, as conventional ammunition would do no justice. An M-16, SAW, Ak-47, and countless other automatic weapons found in his lair, along with our semi-automatic .50 cal sniper rifles were no match for this monstrosity.

A glimmer of hope shines from one of the tents. An M67 anti-personnel frag grenade. Composition B, pyrotechnic delay M213 fuse—4-5.5seconds.

I lob it down the hill, hoping to destroy any living soul on its way up. My hearing goes mute. Shellshocked from the blast. I regain conciousness to realize my murder count goes up 1 point.

The hunted, once again, became the hunted.

Screaming and yelling with tears of joy with my buddy, we celebrate our victory. More importantly, we celebrate it with the warm juicy steaks of the delicious meats found along our path. With the fire still burning, we feast. We feast.

We notice a few more tents on our way out of the lair, in hopes of gaining even more epic lewt, we advance. Sean notices something odd coming from behind one of the tents. Movement?

A figure leans out from behind a tree. A strange face. Yet a familiar gun.

I cannot tell you the ending of this tale, but I can tell you one thing.

Alt F4 played no part.

• Like 3

Alt f4-ing and server hopping is just lame and proves you have no skills.

that is all.

• Like 1

Awesome read. Well thought out. Shame that you died (I assume)

However. "The hunted, once again, became the hunted."

What? :P

More of a rush when they disconnect and you don't know where/when they will come back so you're on edge.

Alt f4-ing and server hopping is just lame and proves you have no skills.

that is all.

I agree. Though, it is handy when dealing with "scripters" who have invincibility on... as rare as that is. I ran into one, planted 4 m24 rounds in his head and chest......and ran away through a forest while being shot at by him and his LMG toting friend. They killed my 3 buddies but damned if I was going to die witht them.... I mean... I lived to help them get new gear... *cough*

Story was okay. 6/10.

I usually give some show of respect to people that don't log out just because they took fire. Much too often I have fired on a player just to see them die and disappear. More than a few times they log in, fall to the ground, die and sink into the ground because they logged off after they died, but before their client loaded the death.

Once had a friend tell me he was afraid we were going to die. Said he was going to disconnect if anyone shot at him. I responded with, "You log off and I'll kill you when you log back in."

Death by an unknown enemy, or by his own teammate due to use of exploits? He picked the honest answer and toughed it out. But others have Alt+F4'd with me when we ran into a firefight, and every one of those people no longer run with me. Can't stand it when the person that is suppose to have my back chickens out.

+1 to OP for not disconnecting.