rayking29

Fix the Zombies!

Well beside all the other suggestions in this forum. I think the main problem about DayZ is the ZOMBIES!!!!! they run way to damn fast for us to out run them and another thing is that they can walk through doors and fences is what really is ticking me off. How could the people who created DayZ did not fix that up the first thing before they fixed anything else because Zombies are the main idea of DayZ. So if any of DayZ members are reading this please fix the zombies A.S.A.P! >:(

Er.. It's in alpha. You'd probably see that kind of things, Yes the zombies are too goddamn fast, But if you make them the typical slow-as-hell zombs, You'd just be ruining the fun, Since they'd be easy picking (Unless you're suggesting massive hordes with slow walking zombies)

I've had my fair share of running from them. It's fun heh..

Edited by TFK

They are gradually working on improving the zombie mechanics, melee attacks were not built into vanilla ArmA 2 so had to be added and the engine poses problems with the pathing of zombies (zig-zagging towards you). Eventually zombies will be able to run inside as well as outside and pose far more of a threat.

As for dealing with them, running through bushes or round corners can get rid of them following you and as long as you keep running they cannot hit you. As for buildings, just stay out of the smallest ones when you have a horde after you and you'll be fine - it used to be much worse.

• Like 1

If you read and watch the interviews with Rocket, the zombies are actually animals that Rocket bastardized to make work.

They are not too fast, you cannot out run them, but you can stay ahead of them. I think the system works pretty well, forcing you to used methods like breaking line of sight, using the hills etc...

• Like 1

The pathfinding is retarded, yes. And a speed that would be slightly faster than a player or the same speed would be nicer instead of usain bolt zombies. If they let them run in buildings, they need to be slow enough to give you a reasonable chance to shoot them