Sign in to follow this  
Roflpotamus

A Round of Applause for Bandits

Here's to you CoD kids who view Zombies as the sideshow to griefing.

Here's to you, huddled in your parent's house as you think randomly killing people in a post-apocalyptic setting is "realistic" - especially where only 2% of the population survived.

Here's to you being just CoD brats bragging about your - karma just as you would killstreaks.

Here's to you playing the completely wrong game. First time I've really looked at this part of the forums and it's LITTERED with people flexing e-peens and taking pride in griefing. Not in surviving, having tense situations of trust, no - merely griefing.

It's a marvel that anyone seriously thinks that in a zombie-survival game the most fun they can derive is camping inside of grocery stores or in bushes for the sole purpose of gunning down strangers - most often not even for their loot.

So here's to you and here's to the Dev's realizing that taking away bandit skins is a bad idea. There's a reason people got those skins and there's a reason they were implemented.

Prepare for this mod to become a glorified CoD until this is patched.

Here's to you kids :P

Here's to you CoD kids who view Zombies as the sideshow to griefing.

Here's to you' date=' huddled in your parent's house as you think randomly killing people in a post-apocalyptic setting is "realistic" - especially where only 2% of the population survived.

Here's to you being just CoD brats bragging about your - karma just as you would killstreaks.

Here's to you playing the completely wrong game. First time I've really looked at this part of the forums and it's LITTERED with people flexing e-peens and taking pride in griefing. Not in surviving, having tense situations of trust, no - merely griefing.

It's a marvel that anyone seriously thinks that in a zombie-survival game the most fun they can derive is camping inside of grocery stores or in bushes for the sole purpose of gunning down strangers - most often not even for their loot.

So here's to you and here's to the Dev's realizing that taking away bandit skins is a bad idea. There's a reason people got those skins and there's a reason they were implemented.

Prepare for this mod to become a glorified CoD until this is patched.

Here's to you kids :P

[/quote']

"There is NO flaming bandits in here."

You can find this rule here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2008

Now GTFO.

CoD comparisons are laughable. Bandits are not CoD players. You can't run gun and respawn with your loadout, you lose everything if you die and have to start again miles away. Killing you is a choice they have to weigh up, and choose to take with consequences for losing. That's not CoD. Deal with it you just got killed.

I must have lost all the maturity and intrigue of banditry between threads titled, "Favorite weapon for getting Survivor's jimmies in a rustle" and posts saying:

I just broke -100k humanity with two kills I got in elektro firestation. I was proned in the corner watching all doors at once for about 40 minutes. Just watching(youtube, steam browser FTW) and waiting for someone to come look for supplies -- only to find death. When I saw the door open I quickly raised my iron sights and realized they didn't even see me. I readied my aim and to the sounds of KoRn - Got the life I shot... BOOM BOOM! And just like in the song, I got their lives. I drank their water because I was thirsty, they had nothing else on them that I cared for. But killing them felt so good..
Killed a dude who was shooting the zombies around me. In my defense I was taking damage, and he was shooting right at me. He was pretty far off, so for all I know he did hit me, but his intentions were good.

I ran over and put a clip in his face.

I constantly sit ontop of the tallest tower in Cherno and snipe anyone I see..

I pretend to be one of the people being shot at by myself in chat too.

And oh so many more.

Truly these players play this game in a manner befitting zombie survival instead of zombie's being the sideshow to their griefing. How did I not see it before?

:P

I must have lost all the maturity and intrigue of banditry between threads titled' date=' "Favorite weapon for getting Survivor's jimmies in a rustle" and posts saying:

I just broke -100k humanity with two kills I got in elektro firestation. I was proned in the corner watching all doors at once for about 40 minutes. Just watching(youtube, steam browser FTW) and waiting for someone to come look for supplies -- only to find death. When I saw the door open I quickly raised my iron sights and realized they didn't even see me. I readied my aim and to the sounds of KoRn - Got the life I shot... BOOM BOOM! And just like in the song, I got their lives. I drank their water because I was thirsty, they had nothing else on them that I cared for. But killing them felt so good..
Killed a dude who was shooting the zombies around me. In my defense I was taking damage, and he was shooting right at me. He was pretty far off, so for all I know he did hit me, but his intentions were good.

I ran over and put a clip in his face.

I constantly sit ontop of the tallest tower in Cherno and snipe anyone I see..

I pretend to be one of the people being shot at by myself in chat too.

And oh so many more.

Truly these players play this game in a manner befitting zombie survival instead of zombie's being the sideshow to their griefing. How did I not see it before?

:P

what makes how you play the game any better?

I'm pretty sure that IRL evil murderous people, would be evil murderous people given a chance to be so.

^^Deadbolt

Oh I assumed that this is a zombie-survival simulation. Per why we've got hunger, thirst, etc.

Not quite a camping game where we try to get the lowest karma and grief the most.

^Zarlak

If you really want to go down this route.

2% of the world survived.

Most of the "evil" people in the world (as you describe them) would be in prison and deader than dead.

It's logically ridiculous to assume that any large % of the survivors of the remnants of humanity would be murderous for the sake of being murderous, as 95% of bandits are played. To kill just to kill - for the fun of fucking with people.

^^Deadbolt

Oh I assumed that this is a zombie-survival simulation. Per why we've got hunger' date=' thirst, etc.

Not quite a camping game where we try to get the lowest karma and grief the most.

[/quote']

its a multiplayer zombie-survival simulation where people can kill other players if they want

you should probably play this mod instead since the pvp aspect of dayz bothers you so much

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3619

^^Deadbolt

Oh I assumed that this is a zombie-survival simulation. Per why we've got hunger' date=' thirst, etc.

^Zarlak

If you really want to go down this route.

2% of the world survived.

Most of the "evil" people in the world (as you describe them) would be in prison and deader than dead.

It's logically ridiculous to assume that any large % of the survivors of the remnants of humanity would be murderous for the sake of being murderous, as 95% of bandits are played. To kill just to kill - for the fun of fucking with people.

[/quote']

False. A lot of evil people in the world are not in prison. Hence why you see crimes committed on a daily basis, and murders committed on a daily basis. Since the zombie virus hits indiscriminatly, evil people have as much chance of still being around as the next guy. Now with no police presence, and weapons and ammo and the need to survive and other people with stuff you can use to survive running around in front of you, starts to logically look like the evils people will be evil.

I think it is you who is a spoiled CoD brat.

This is a thinking mans game, you have to think about the choices, you choose what side to be on, what action you take.

It isn't laid out for you written in stone like CoD.

Nothing tells you to help everyone you see or to kill everyone you see, you don't get "bonus points" for helping someone. This is a choice each and every one of us has to make.

If clearly defined roles is what you are into:

http://www.l4d.com/game.html

There you go, now GTFO and cry to someone else.

Another gem:

I was rolling around the heartlands of the map as a bandit with the scoped M14 I found at the NW Airfield, killing anyone I came across as a bandit does.

I came across a player who was just sneaking into a town, I was on a hill some ~400 metres behind him. I got down and rather than aiming for the chest like usual, I thought I'd have some fun and kneecap the guy. It was a decent shot and downed him. Rather than moving in and finishing him off, I decided to throw a red smoke grenade at him. It was pretty hilarious watching zombies horde to the smoke grenade then turn to him when they got bored of it. He must have been terrified, there were a good 10-20 zombies there and he was unable to escape due to his broken leg. I waited another 10 or so minutes for the zombies to get borded and walk away, then I looted his body to find some baked beans and Mountain Dew.

It really is amazing how this is taken as a CoD by just about every bandit out there.

Seeing how there won't be any more "bandits" in this patch this forum section's become moot :P

@Dromag67

Nothing tells you to help everyone you see or to kill everyone you see, you don't get "bonus points" for helping someone. This is a choice each and every one of us has to make.

I'm assuming you haven't read any of the posts in this section. Feel free to read the ones I've quoted and then browse about.

A particularly fitting one's the one I just linked. Let me give you the short of it:

I was rolling around the heartlands of the map as a bandit with the scoped M14 I found at the NW Airfield, killing anyone I came across as a bandit does.

;)

Another gem:

I'm assuming you haven't read any of the posts in this section. Feel free to read the ones I've quoted and then browse about.

A particularly fitting one's the one I just linked. Let me give you the short of it:

I was rolling around the heartlands of the map as a bandit with the scoped M14 I found at the NW Airfield' date=' killing anyone I came across as a bandit does.[/quote']

;)

Does that bother you? That he just goes around looking for people to kill?

How does that make you feel inside? Churn up deep feelings of self hatred for not being cared for enough?

Lets delve deep into your psychological issues.

Thanks Dro for proving the maturity of a diehard bandit with your down rating ;)

dromag67 (0) - Last updated Today, 04:36 AM

Rating given for Post #47191

Negative (-1): lulz

Thanks Dro for proving the maturity of a diehard bandit with your down rating ;)

dromag67 (0) - Last updated Today' date=' 04:36 AM

Rating given for Post #47191

Negative (-1): lulz [/quote']

What? Can't reply to my last post?

Roflpotamus, sorry, but you're in the wrong forum. This forum is specifically for bandits.

Also, a personal, non-moderator comment, as a survivor who loathes bandits: Stop whining.