Sign in to follow this  
Fluttershy <3

"receiving..." problem

Im sorry if there is already topic like this, cant find one.

Problem is while playing time to time im get black screen with "receiving..." on it. Sometimes it go away quickly, but sometimes it stuck. It usually happen when zeds is near me, and I cant even do anything to them while I stuck on this screen. So how I can fix it?

You probably don't use a version that is compatible with the server(s) you're trying to connect to.

Just tried to play on my version server, and still got same "receiving..." after killing couple of zeds and aiming on next one.

I'm sorry Fluttershy, I do not know the solution.

All I can think of is reinstalling, ports and firewall.

i get this, i think it has something to do with the "black" zombie skin.. i get this alot when i see that zombie .. very irritating and happens a lot around towns.

Yup same thing here, will load just fine play fine for a bit, then suddenly the receiving screen pops up. at first it was for 2 - 5mins but now it's constantly there. Lost a whole heap of stuff the frist time.

Has since got me eaten to death to more times.

I have had this same "receiving..." black screen for 2 weeks but now it seems i have managed to find a fix for myself. The video memory set to "default" didn´t fix it for me like it seemed to fix everyone elses. I think it´s not relevant at all in this case, although i still left it in "default". The thing that did was I changed my SixLauncher launch parameter from "-maxMem=2047" to "-maxMem=512"(i am also using CO beta) and now i have played almost 4 hours in a row w/o crashing, freezing or the black "Receiving..." screen appearing. Hope this helps you! :D

I'm curious to know what OS everyone is running, I'm on a 32bit version of XP (upgrading soon) turns out using the "default" memory option caused the receiving bug. Been running on very high for over a week now with no problems.