anthony_henson2003@yahoo.com

Are Vehicles Being Added Back Yet?

Just wondering since the release of 1.5.8.2 and all the dupe fixes and tons of other fixes if the devs will start to add vehicles back into the couple hundred new servers instance/mission id's that do not have them yet.

I host 4 servers currently and as soon as my new ip is added to the hive 3-4 more. Its kind of a pain to have 4 servers that have no vehicles in them. I think that possibly adding vehicles to trusted hosts or something along those lines would be great.

I will hate to be hosting 7-8 servers and all of them don't have vehicles in them. It simply takes a large amount of fun away from the server and sort of leaves the servers without vehicles at a disadvantage.

Please consider starting to add them back in as i would love to have vehicles on my servers and im sure many other people would like to have them to.

I am happy to host my servers as i get an enjoyment out of it but i sort of feel that since we can not run them how we want kicking/banning/passwording/locking all that stuff (which i have no issue with) that you should at least put all the servers on a level playing field. Not old servers have them and all new don't. As im pretty sure i read several posts saying that the servers should be run as close to the same as possible.

I have helped numerous amounts of new server hosts setup there servers and when i tell them about the vehicles not being there i know 2 wanted to return there machine and one had a rage fit which i agree is childish but you have to see where they are coming from.

You spend lets say $250 on an amazing machine get $0 in donations and can't even simply host a server that has all the things that were meant to be in the mod.

Please take what said into consideration as im sure the community as a whole would be very excited to have the opportunity to actually get a vehicle.

Funny how the devs of DayZ are spitting on hosters face. Even if it's not intentional the results are still there :

- No kick for members / admin slot

- No lock / private

- No ban

- Dramas everywhere when you do a single shit on your server

- AND NOW NO FUCKING VEHICLES

What's next ? Removal of buildings ?

God damn get your shit together people are actually paying for you.

Funny how the devs of DayZ are spitting on hosters face. Even if it's not intentional the results are still there :

- No kick for members / admin slot

- No lock / private

- No ban

- Dramas everywhere when you do a single shit on your server

- AND NOW NO FUCKING VEHICLES

What's next ? Removal of buildings ?

God damn get your shit together people are actually paying for you.

what the fuck gives you the right to go around demanding things from the dayz staff?

did anyone force you to pay for servers?

did you pay for DayZ? (paying for arma 2 is unrelated)

the requirements are made clear and if people pay for servers they are expected to abide by them. If you have a problem with the requirements' date=' it's simple - don't purchase a server.

It's an [i']alpha of a mod and as such not everything is going to be smooth sailing - assuming it will be is naive at best and completely retarded at worst.

The dayz staff are making this mod for FREE. They owe you nothing, they have no obligation to you whatsoever.

Sick of you fucking noobs demanding things you have zero entitlement to.

This is completely disrespectful.

Seriously. We all have lives guys. We're all busy. We're not paid to do this, this isn't our job. So between real life, actually playing and being with family and friends we have to squeeze in DayZ stuff. We're trying our hardest, but it's post like this that make us question if it's all worth it.

You have NO idea how much time Rocket spends on this mod, literally no idea.

Now if you're not happy with the current arrangement, then you are free to pull down your server. We are getting dozens of emails daily for new servers, so yours is not required.

Regards,

Matt

Well said Antipop. I'd pull down their servers just for the blatant disrespect.

This is completely disrespectful.

Seriously. We all have lives guys. We're all busy. We're not paid to do this' date=' this isn't our job. So between real life, actually playing and being with family and friends we have to squeeze in DayZ stuff. We're trying our hardest, but it's post like this that make us question if it's all worth it.

You have NO idea how much time Rocket spends on this mod, literally no idea.

Now if you're not happy with the current arrangement, then you are free to pull down your server. We are getting dozens of emails daily for new servers, so yours is not required.

Regards,

Matt

[/quote']

i simply wrote up the post. I did not make any demands simply asked so i hope that msg was not directed at me.

Well said Antipop. I'd pull down their servers just for the blatant disrespect.

i made the post simply asking them if the vehicles would be put in. I did not make any demands. I hope you are not directing that at me.

If you guys (Devs and helpers) are really that busy, then ask for some help from knowledgeable server admins for help, I'm sure there's more than a few who would help just doing server admin requests.

I completely agree with dazbobaby. You have a fantastic mod and I respect the hell out of ya for putting the effort in, as I know how that feels with developing realism mods for other games.

I would say though, that bringing in people to help out with things (other than what you wish to keep in house) would be a great idea, it would really help settle things nicely.

Thanks CapeCodCaper, there is obviously a trust issue, but I'm sure there's a lot of worth people on here who'd just get on with the job and not abuse their power.

If you guys need help with getting servers up then just remember, give a man a fish and he can eat for a day but teach a man to fish and he can eat forever. (Or somthing along the lines of that) Also I mean no disrespect as I understand the stupid amount of emails you guys get.

I think you mean:

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day

Teach a man to fish and he'll feed himself and his family forever

But we could both be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time for me.

There's a bit of backend work required, so given how huge the server population boom is I've no doubt that they're thinking of a new/automated method. Keep the faith, be patient. I'd love to have them for my own server too & i'm getting tons of requests, but it's a volunteer staff and they have day jobs.