I spent a good 2 hours trying to find a spot "flat" and "obstruction free" enough for the thing to be set up. Some spots would be perfect for a small camp that from what I could see were pretty darn flat with not a tree in sight. I'm trying to set up camp that isn't smack dab in the middle of electro because it seems like that's the only place "flat" enough for it to be put up. I think something needs to be changed with the tents so that they can be placed on land that isn't as flat as a board. Also, in case you care enough, I ended up finding a tree stand and logging off without ever setting my tent up.

tl;dr tents annoy me

I found a tent on a rough 45 degree angle hillside between Elektro and Cherno. A tad bit buggy I suppose?

Tents are definitely broken. I went to the NE airfield and couldn't even place it there. LOL WUT??? That's probably the flattest most obstruction free zone in the map.

Aw' date=' I came in here thinking someone was doing a tribute to the great Queen song, Flash. I am now sad.

[/quote']

Tents, AHHAHHHH! Can't place any one of them!

They are currently somewhat broken, just wait for the new patch dudes ;)

There are 10+ other threads about this same exact problem. Please use the search function before you create a new thread.

The forum is becoming very messy because of people who are too lazy to use the search function, or think that their opinion of some particular issue deserves a new thread.

My thread came first so dont bitch up my tree kthx.

I'll use the search function if you look at post times before you complain about 100 threads when mine was first. Would like to know how I would possibly be able to find that thread you linked when it wasn't around when I made my thread....

The threads in the search are ordered according to the date and time of last post. Of course your thread comes first when you search for it now as this is thread has the most recent posts. However, you should had searched for it before you created the new thread, don't you think?

Search function: Tent

I realize that however, take a little time and look at OP's post time. Mine was first so you are missing the point I'm trying to make.

What I meant was those threads that already existed before you created this one. For example Fireplace and tent placement which is about exactly the same topic.

Since you created this one there have been several other new ones, but my point is that all of these new threads (including yours) about the same subject are just making the forum messy. There's really no reason to create new thread about a subject if it already has an existing thread.

You are really pulling teeth here. That thread was made before the patch so wasn't about how it doesn't work at all. The posts that were made yesterday talking about not being able to place a tent in the woods. So... not really on topic eith what my thread os about.

Maybe we are using a different logic here, but if I was to post about problems of tent placement, I would search and look if there is a general thread covering the topic. I understand that 1.5.8 appears to have made changes to the tent placement, but I can't see any reason why a post about these new problems could not go in an existing thread about tent placement problems.

Anyways my point is (and not only to you but all of those who think about creating new threads): Search first and then think if one of the existing threads already covers the topic you are going to post about.

The guy asked a question relating to the latest patch. Yes, he could have added to the older thread but you have taken this forum policing too far regarding this matter.

Posting multiple times arguing how he should have used search is just nitpicking now, especially after he argued his side about times. Let it go, ffs.