Sign in to follow this  
Slushie

Crazy Zombie Spawns

Okay, I hadn't really played the last week or so, so I basically missed 1.5.7. I heard the zombie spawns were ridiculous, so that helped keep me away, but then I heard they were "fixed" in this update, so I was psyched for an upped but still reasonable level of zombies.

So today I'm in Msta and I aggro a zombie after leaving the barn. I figure okay, whatever, I sprint up the hill to take out whatever's following me, and holy crap they just don't stop coming. After taking out like 15 and losing a lot of blood it's finally over and I figure okay, I should be able to loot the town no problem now. Only the town is still full of zombies. So I figure fine, I'll just use stealth, and I do, managing to loot a house, but on the way out I aggro another one. Fine, I figure, I'll just finish off this goddamnit there's another at least 15 of them. So I finish this wave off, and figure, "well now I must have free reign of the town". Only, fighting off that last wave couldn't have taken more than a minute or two, but there are STILL zombies roaming around where I JUST aggroed the last wave. So basically it's impossible to clear even part of a town, because they spawn just fast as you kill them.

Did this update just not fix the zombie spawns from the last one, or were they even harsher in 1.5.7? If so I'm glad I took that break.

Previously, I would kill about 60-140 zombies in about twenty minutes in Gorka, after doing a victory lap of the town followed by my little zombie cheer squad. In all, I'd say that things haven't changed.

i noticed that too.

Ever since the patch it seems like if you agro one or two, they will attract more of them.

I miss the 1.5.7 spawns actually. This just feels like easy mode.

I don't know if it's possible/feasible but a server setting for zombie spawn numbers/timers would be fantastic.

I don't really feel like I have to think weigh too many options when firing after 1.5.8.2.

Stop saying care bears first off, you guys sound like bandwagoning hipster tools when you say it and second, the zombies spawn entirely too fast and in a completely stupid fashion.

You can be standing somewhere perfectly safe then boom out of no where 30 zombies just appear all around you. If you kill them all by the time you get to the last 30 more spawn seconds later and it just continues to basically no end.

Zombies need to spawn BEFORE you arrive in a location and when they are all dead they need to stay that way for at least 5-10 minutes. The way it is right now not only doesn't make any sense it's just down right silly and stupid.

Stop saying care bears first off' date=' you guys sound like bandwagoning hipster tools when you say it and second, the zombies spawn entirely too fast and in a completely stupid fashion.

You can be standing somewhere perfectly safe then boom out of no where 30 zombies just appear all around you. If you kill them all by the time you get to the last 30 more spawn seconds later and it just continues to basically no end.

Zombies need to spawn [b']BEFORE you arrive in a location and when they are all dead they need to stay that way for at least 5-10 minutes. The way it is right now not only doesn't make any sense it's just down right silly and stupid.

What he said. Game needs to know a town is clear, spawn a few ambient ones and then leave it until the players have gone and when no one else is around 10 minutes later, fill it up again.

maybe the devs should like remove all zombies :D

I think it is a little unreasonable that zombies respawn so soon and so close to players.

Zombies need to spawn BEFORE you arrive in a location and when they are all dead they need to stay that way for at least 5-10 minutes. The way it is right now not only doesn't make any sense it's just down right silly and stupid.

THIS!

Totally agree with you. Dayz mod is about realism. What realism if zombies respawn in front of you after you killed them? Fix It, and Dayz will be a better survival simulation

Am I the only person who noticed the less amount of zombies and respawns? I managed to chuck a flare and have 3/4s of a medium sized town's zed population walk towards it distracted and not have a single new zombie appear in the 10-15 minutes I spent looting. Perhaps try this method instead of shooting them, as they don't seem to be replaced, even if they stray far away from their supposed spawn point.

I don't really have any problems now, it's alot easier to deal with zeds now, i don't get why people have so many problems still are we playing the same game?

. The way it is right now not only doesn't make any sense it's just down right silly and stupid.

^ Bingo.

I'm sure we all have stories of doing something and getting a zombie spawn right on your face. I mean, hell, he should have spawned just already chewing on your arm.

But this happened to me and friends. For once had a clear shot at NW Airfield. No one was around. For once in many a day for us. I'm looting some stuff. And due to a bit of server lag I couldn't pick up a gun quick enough. And a zombie spawns LITERALLY on the pile of loot I was picking things up from. :c

This results in the whole operation going south due to the seemingly now all over zombies. Which a second ago were non-existent.

I would love to see more zombies but reduced respawn times. This way you can judge the amount of zombies in a town before you go into it. Right now it's a little bit hard to figure out when they will stop spawning.

I would love to see more zombies but reduced respawn times. This way you can judge the amount of zombies in a town before you go into it. Right now it's a little bit hard to figure out when they will stop spawning.

Figure it out? Personally I have come to the conclusion they seem to love spawning more when you get aggro'd. As there are many a case that you see almost nothing. Get aggro'd and then seemingly a horde comes from the void to take your soul with them.

Am I the only person who noticed the less amount of zombies and respawns? I managed to chuck a flare and have 3/4s of a medium sized town's zed population walk towards it distracted and not have a single new zombie appear in the 10-15 minutes I spent looting. Perhaps try this method instead of shooting them' date=' as they don't seem to be replaced, even if they stray far away from their supposed spawn point.

[/quote']

Hate to quote myself, but refer to this. Worked 3/3 times in different towns including the whole east side of Elektro, allowing me to loot flawlessly.

Attract them all with a flare to a location away from you > crouch run/prone > play carefully > loot > ???? > profit

Stop saying care bears first off' date=' you guys sound like bandwagoning hipster tools when you say it and second, the zombies spawn entirely too fast and in a completely stupid fashion.

Zombies need to spawn [b']BEFORE you arrive in a location and when they are all dead they need to stay that way for at least 5-10 minutes. The way it is right now not only doesn't make any sense it's just down right silly and stupid.

+1 exactly this.

Personally I think spawn numbers should go up to be higher than they were before, during in 1.5.7, but spawn RATES need to be drastically decreased.

I'm really sick of killing zombies around a deerstand, climbing up the ladder to loot gear, then by the time I start climbing down I'm getting boofed up the bum by a zombie officer. I'd much rather have to deal with twice the amount of zombies straight up, then not having them spawn on top of me after (or while) I'm killing them.

Am I the only person who noticed the less amount of zombies and respawns? I managed to chuck a flare and have 3/4s of a medium sized town's zed population walk towards it distracted and not have a single new zombie appear in the 10-15 minutes I spent looting. Perhaps try this method instead of shooting them' date=' as they don't seem to be replaced, even if they stray far away from their supposed spawn point.

[/quote']

Hate to quote myself, but refer to this. Worked 3/3 times in different towns including the whole east side of Elektro, allowing me to loot flawlessly.

Attract them all with a flare to a location away from you > crouch run/prone > play carefully > loot > ???? > profit

I haven't used the flares yet out of worry of just how much they attracted. But you could always get a suicidal friend. Tell him to use Global chat. xD And just RUNNNNN~

You profit. :D Friend if alive gets what you feel they deserve.

This is basically all I've been asking for from zombies. Sometimes they don't spawn when I'm in a town at all, sometimes they are missing when I'm 100 yards away then spawn when I'm 10 yards away. Sometimes I kill them all and more show up 10 seconds later.

They're just an inconvenience if you have ammo anyway.

' pid='49236' dateline='1337704890']

[/quote']

I haven't used the flares yet out of worry of just how much they attracted. But you could always get a suicidal friend. Tell him to use Global chat. xD And just RUNNNNN~

That would be hilarious however they won't become attracted to you, only the flare. They don't take into account the direction/angle it's thrown etc. only where it lands. They will slowly walk towards it and then circle in a 10-15 meter radius while more and more zeds join in the party. Plenty of time for you to sneak in while they're at one side of the town and you can loot the opposite side and central areas if you maintain distance.

THIS!

Totally agree with you. Dayz mod is about realism. What realism if zombies respawn in front of you after you killed them? Fix It' date=' and Dayz will be a better survival simulation

[/quote']

True, they need to spawn at a distance and stay dead till the area is no longer occupied, or at least not spawn in the immediate vicinity.

They should change the way items spawn too, walking into an empty building only to have stuff appear all over the place after 15 minutes of chilling is kinda weird.

[/quote']

That would be hilarious however they won't become attracted to you, only the flare. They don't take into account the direction/angle it's thrown etc. only where it lands. They will slowly walk towards it and then circle in a 10-15 meter radius while more and more zeds join in the party. Plenty of time for you to sneak in while they're at one side of the town and you can loot the opposite side and central areas if you maintain distance.

Ah alright. I wasn't aware as to the pull power of it. I'm normally cautious as to use a Flare period due to the 'players' that would see it.

I believe he said that they were going to be interested in light sources in general correct? So flashlights and chemlights? That and I already know the pulling power of a Fire. That Fire pulls zombies like nuts.

How about having the zombies spawn from NON-interactive house doorways?

the hoppers from dog houses/chicken coops openings, crawlers from house cellar openings.

this all BEFORE we get to the area of course.

just a thought..

' pid='49288' dateline='1337705591']

[/quote']

Ah alright. I wasn't aware as to the pull power of it. I'm normally cautious as to use a Flare period due to the 'players' that would see it.

I believe he said that they were going to be interested in light sources in general correct? So flashlights and chemlights? That and I already know the pulling power of a Fire. That Fire pulls zombies like nuts.

Never used a flashlight due it not being useful for me with NVGs. Chemlights are like flares but the radius is much smaller, so you will aggro a lot less zeds. Both make you easy targets to a bandit or other players, which is why I encourage throwing it a distance away from you. You can bait both zombies and players into looking for you near the light source when you're actually in the shadows 600 meters away picking up beans and some matches. Helps set up surprise kills also.

I love players running around with flares in their hands, I always shoot them. Hoping that it was the last time for them doing that.

But maybe they stop doing that now anyways, so no more killing due to that reason.

Oh no. I understand all of that I've been playing for some time. It's with the new update that I wasn't sure as to them. Before flares wouldn't draw them. And I know Fires would but a fire on a hill side could draw a whole town away.

Generally I have to use my Flashlight in bursts. I haven't had a group to be with or the ability to go looking in the areas where the NVG tend to be to try and get a pair. Let alone find crashed Heli's. And it's kind of hard to find a group to play with that isn't just either luring you in to kill you; i.e. (They are all real life friends so if anyone is expendable it's the new guy.) Or some other result. So I haven't had chance to really explore NW Airfield.