Sign in to follow this  
Kaffarov37

What do youy do if you see a player

Open a dialogue. Approach in the safest and sanest way possible. Just because you are friendly, doesn't mean the target knows you are. Approach slow, while speaking into the microphone. It's best with a group, when the target knows that he could be dead if you willed it, they will understand your true nature. I always open a dialogue, and only retaliate if I have to.

if you're approaching by yourself, you might as well be prepared to die, if not...then you may as well try to hang out with the group because most everyone else will shoot against a single player, not because they're scared, but because it'd be funny to the group. i'd avoid them if i was playing lone wolf.

You - Him

Unarmed - Unarmed: Just go your separate ways, don't trust strangers.

Armed - Unarmed: Spare him or kill him.

Unarmed - Armed: Hide, don't alert him by saying "friendly". No one is friendly but newbs.

Armed - Armed: Kill the guy or hide.

Any other answer is wrong.

• Like 3

shoot him for fun no matter what he says un armed or armed if its unarmed i just laugh

shoot him for fun no matter what he says un armed or armed if its unarmed i just laugh

Im not that mean :¸¸

• Like 1

Observe from a safe distance...

Determine if traveling alone...

Approach out of view...

Make first contact in an area that grants you an advantage in a firefight...

If they don't respond after multiple attempts to acknowledge them...

Determine if it is safe to leave the area without killing them...

If safe leave, otherwise kill...

Hide, bury, body...

Say prayer...

Continue surviving...

Edited by LeOverlord
  • Like 5

You - Him

Unarmed - Unarmed: Just go your separate ways, don't trust strangers.

Armed - Unarmed: Spare him or kill him.

Unarmed - Armed: Hide, don't alert him by saying "friendly". No one is friendly but newbs.

Armed - Armed: Kill the guy or hide.

Any other answer is wrong.

Pretty much sums up my philosophy. The only difference is I don't see a need to shoot at unarmed players if I am armed. If we're near a loot hot spot I might out of sheer self-preservation, but I would never go sniping unarmed players just for the hell of it. No point and a waste of good ammo.

For the most part I just try to avoid other players, though. I work with people I already know because I trust them. I avoid strangers because you just can't trust them, especially when you have a decent amount of gear.

Edited by Black Dow

I wouldn't shoot unarmed people either, but I left that in there because most people would...

I lost a ton of hard-earned gear that took several hours of play-time to gather because some psychopathic ass**** camped inside of a fire station just blew me away on sight the second I stepped in.

So now I just do the same - if I encounter somebody and I can't avoid them - I kill them.

It's a serious dick move but I have no faith in humanity anymore.

• Like 1

last time i tried being freindly the other guy killed me as soon as he knew i had a good gun yesterday i was snipping zombies on the coast and a new spawn walked up behind me he didnt say aything and i didnt waste a second putting an m107 round into his chest (was kind of hopeing he would explode or something)

If I'm in a starting town, and I just spawned I'll be friendly. If I'm away from the coast I avoid people, or shoot them if I have to or need to. I'm too paranoid when I leave town to be friendly, unless they are friendly first.

I just walk up to them and start talking. I've only been shot once, and I didn't really get close enough to the guy to even "say" anything as he shot me from a good distance. It seems to strange to me the culture of shooting someone else just because someone was rude to you. The whole shoot first, ask questions later mentality could easily be reversed if enough people put effort into it.

Every time I've made the effort to talk and just be friendly, it's worked out well. I will say though that only one person I befriended in this way had a gun vs. me having a melee weapon, otherwise I've only met with others who have a melee weapon like me. A big part of it is I volunteer to move out in front so they have the option to backstab if they want, it can help put someone at ease and you can make some buddies by just trusting them first.

Edited by Deathbydogtreat

Depends if I am with a group or not, how close they are, how well armed they are, and if they're in a group.

Not in a group (me): almost always avoid unless necessary

In a group (me): usually kill if armed I kill them regardless of what they say, if not armed and they get close and don't say anything I usually kill them too...

They're in a group (I'm not): Avoid at all costs

They're in a group and so am I: Depends if they're close up engage if not avoid or scare them off if smaller group

Run towards them at a fast space with the microphone on screaming random sounds (of your own preference - i like to make murloc sounds) and then hack them down with your hatchet!

Hopefully you would have startled the shit out of the player and scored yourself a hacking-kill.

In all seriousness, do what you want. If you feel uneasy or threatened, gun them down.

Otherwise escape the area in a stealth-like fashion and hope he doesn't follow (or even have seen you for that matter).

• Like 2

I try not to kill. Heck, my last encounter I knocked a guy out in self defense, he didn't alt+f4, so I made sure to break his leg, then left a bandage next to his body and and morphine in the nearby street. I told him this and left.

Will this policy get me killed someday? Probably. Do I care? No. I'd care more about ruining someone else's day.

Edited by HerrJon
  • Like 1

Note: Copied this post from Ramirez77 , because it was good. Filled in with what I would do

You - Him

Unarmed - Unarmed: Maybe share supplies/trade. If I have excess food and no water, I'll see if I can give him some food for water. Or if I'm set on both and he's hungry or thirsty, I'll share.

Armed - Unarmed: Let him go on his way, maybe same as above.

Unarmed - Armed: Keep at a distance. If we're close and I've been spotted, I'll try shouting friendly, expecting to be killed.

Armed - Armed: Evaluate my chances. What gun does he have? What's the distance? Etc. Shoot or run, depending on how good my chance of killing him is.

• Like 1

Yeah dude don't trust anybody that doesn't talk in the microphone. They will usually kill you when you turn your back, it just happened to me.

The ones with microphones are a little bit better, but still be careful around them. Microphones are a good sign, but it won't determine if he is friendly.

At what distance? Where are they going? What are they doing? What weapon do they have? What pack? Where on the map are we?

Shoot or not shoot

Hide, however if I had a gun and really needed some water/food (like flashing red), I might try taking someone out (haven't had the pleasure as of yet).

If you are with a group and approach a single player, use your mic and say "Join us, let us pass, or leave the area, or else we will outgun you"

If the other person is armed, and you aren't, hide or run.

If you are armed and the other isn't: Judge, jury and executioner.

If you are both unarmed: Split up, most likely if you and that player go the same way, the first chance at a gun he gets he will gun you down.

If you are armed and he is too: Run or gun? That is the question.

If you are with a group and approach a single player, use your mic and say "Join us, let us pass, or leave the area, or else we will outgun you"

If the other person is armed, and you aren't, hide or run.

If you are armed and the other isn't: Judge, jury and executioner.

If you are both unarmed: Split up, most likely if you and that player go the same way, the first chance at a gun he gets he will gun you down.

If you are armed and he is too: Run or gun? That is the question.

Yeah, you can't really trust anyone but your IRL friends in Day Z, except when it comes to clans and such where loyalty can still be suspect.

Yeah, you can't really trust anyone but your IRL friends in Day Z, except when it comes to clans and such where loyalty can still be suspect.

Yea, I only play with real-life friends. One of them always plays, while 2 others play with me when they can. That way you can always be sure that you have backup.