Sign in to follow this  
Dallabill28

US267 Mass Teleport into Kill

US267 Oregon Dayzmod.com Hosted by Derp

I was in US267 with my buddy, and suddenly our legs broke at the same time. I looked around for players, thinking someone shot me, but I was suddenly teleported to an unknown location. All I saw was at least one guy standing, a helicopter, and a lot of people on the ground, I immediately pressed esc (it lagged bringing up the menu) and click abort > yes > disconnect. I was sitting in the lobby watching the text of people dying. The server went down shortly after. I refreshed the list and saw it came up as locked. I still saw the out line of the chopper and a guy standing. Also I see the people in the lobby all with the clan name [derp]. At first there were 3 people in the server (while locked) and then it went up to 5.

The names in the lobby are: [derp]kgman, [derp]Barnaby, [derp]G.I.Zed, Jordan, [derp]John McClane. You can see in the screenshot below. It looks like they killed everyone and locked it to pick up the loot. It could also be they locked it becuase someone was on and knew about it, and they are cleaning up.

post-66686-0-78232000-1343104709_thumb.j

Edited by Dallabill28

Myself and 3 other friends were also online when this happened, Teleported up near Petrovka, everyone except one person that I saw had broken legs and was prone. Then shooting started, I died, saw a lot of other deaths too. After all this, the server was locked when I attempted to rejoin.

Edit: reading a few other complaints of teleportation hacking to other players on other servers, I would think the admins may have passworded the server to protect it... but there is always the possibility they were behind it.

Edited by Syko

Everyone got caught in the in the teleport hack, there were at least 40 players online when this happened. As for our involvement, we were outside of Berzino in a fire fight with some alt f4's and one guy that seemed to run as fast lighting. When they bounced out of the server we moved into near the Berzino store then suddenly we all dropped and our legs were broke then everyone in the server spawned on top of each other like a bad game of twister. I saw that and was quick to abort out. Nothing good can come from 40 players with in 5 feet of each other. Server admin was afk when this first happened and he came back while people were shooting he shut the server down. Yes he locked it to protect it and in order to lock it you have to restart the server which means no bodies zombie or players are there when the server restarts. We jumped in the server to see if we were all alive and then pretty much went afk until the admin felt it safe to unlock the server. So there is no point of us being the masterminds behind this teley hack because we shutdown the server at any sign of that stuff to protect the players camps / loot that have made our server their home. We usually restart the server every 4-5 hours to clear out the trash loot and give players more opportunity to get better things. The worst thing we do when we get bored is sometimes move down from the north and camp out Cherno or Elecktro to see if we can spark up some fire fights. After going through the logs we have a pretty good idea who was behind it because most of our players are regulars, but without 100% proof all we can do is try to go back to normal.

• Like 1

We have spent several hours today looking over the log files yesterday and seem to have found the perpetrator. It seems a user ran the following script at or around the exact time of the mass kill;

24.07.2012 17:20:23: Dan (XX.XX.XXX.73:2304) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - #13 icopter" || _v iskindof "plane")
then
{
_v setVehicleInit "[this] spawn BIS_Effects_AirDestruction";

We have taken action against anyone using this code, as well as permanently banned this user. Anyone running this code should be automatically kicked on detection.

We at US267 will continue to repel the hackers/cheaters as long as good Samaritans can report the issues. Please be reasonable when reporting such cases though and include names/times and a scenario so we can investigate the occurrences.

Thank you!

[derp]Chavez

Edited by chaveezy
  • Like 1

Thank you for your responses, I was just suspicious because of the server lock right after. Now it makes sense, you did everything you could, and even blocked the script. This was my second time on the server (considering making it my home server) and this happened. Sorry for any bad publicity I may have caused, and I will continue to use your server!