Sign in to follow this  
tylertr95

Quick Question about guns found in game.

I've got a question on a subject I'm not so sure about, this is just a question, i just want the most honest answer if at all possible..

What if someone found a hacked gun on someones dead body, and were to use it? is that a bannable offense, or since that particular individual didn't spawn it and didn't hack, can he or she get in some trouble?

I've been reading up on this subject too, the general census is it's bad to use a hacked gun and may even be cause for ban, whether you're the one that hacked it or not, so the best bet if you find one is to move on

If you find a non-legitimate item in a legitimate way then you are fine - unless it is an obviously hacked item (like a golden AK).

Edited by DocTolly

I'm pretty sure you'll get blamed or be in trouble if you grab a hacked weapon from a hacker's dead body so if you see one don't grab it.

Or I saw that server's have detected inncocent people of a hacker for using a hacked weapon they had found.

Edited by ChinWooMan

If you find a non-legitimate item in a legitimate way then you are fine - unless it is an obviously hacked item (like a golden AK).

I don't think that's right. I recall seeing a post by rocket saying that if you carry a hacked weapon, you could be flagged as a hacker whether you're the one that spawned it or not. It was awhile ago that I saw that though and I'm too lazy to look it up. Anyways, OP, to be safe, just throw the gun away and hide the hackers body. That's one less hacked weapon floating around.

I don't think that's right. I recall seeing a post by rocket saying that if you carry a hacked weapon, you could be flagged as a hacker whether you're the one that spawned it or not. It was awhile ago that I saw that though and I'm too lazy to look it up. Anyways, OP, to be safe, just throw the gun away and hide the hackers body. That's one less hacked weapon floating around.

Don't they have logs of what happens on servers, so in a sense one could point out what server they found it on, and confirm with the admin that they were not the one who spawn it in.

If you innocently find a legitimate item and have no way of knowing if it was hacked in (IE, an AS50 on a body), then you can safely assume it's legitimate. You can't be blamed for a hacker dying/losing their items to you if you had no idea

• Like 1

If you innocently find a legitimate item and have no way of knowing if it was hacked in (IE, an AS50 on a body), then you can safely assume it's legitimate. You can't be blamed for a hacker dying/losing their items to you if you had no idea

Oh yeah, for sure there's no way you could know if an AS50 was hacked or not, but there are some weapons that are obviously hacked because they aren't in the game. If you're going around with a camo G36C SD then It's safe to assume you could get in some trouble.

EDIT: Took the time to find the rocket post I was referring to in my previous post for you :)

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1154-gau-12/#entry12289

Edited by denkart
  • Like 1

Oh yeah, for sure there's no way you could know if an AS50 was hacked or not, but there are some weapons that are obviously hacked because they aren't in the game. If you're going around with a camo G36C SD then It's safe to assume you could get in some trouble.

EDIT: Took the time to find the rocket post I was referring to in my previous post for you :)

http://dayzmod.com/f...-12/#entry12289

Ah yes, sorry I was too lazy to reference my post - uni makes me do enough of that crap already :P

• Like 1