Saurey

New Inventory (Made one as an example, have a look)

could u provide me with the source of number 1? like a video or something, thanks

he mentioned it during the interview stream with Evan Lahti at PCG

he mentioned it at Rezzed

he mentioned it several other times

My beans, take em' all!

When i first started playing this, i was so freaking confused about the inventory system, hell, didn't even know how to use the bag. this one looks nice!

he mentioned it during the interview stream with Evan Lahti at PCG

he mentioned it at Rezzed

he mentioned it several other times

Thanks

While i think it looks nice, i also think you forgot a couple of things, mainly clothing slots ... I personally also realy like how currently one has to open and close one's bag, as it ads in just a tad of frustration that comes with a bagpack IRL... So i don't realy like how you can see everything you have in your inventory.

So i made the following inventory myself, and incorportated my own toolbelt idea into it (check 'reduce toolbelt space' suggestion in my sig for all sorts of packs/bag that could slot on the toolbelt), there is some other stuff woven in as well. like clothing providing inventory space through pocket spaces, only ONE visual slot, and a left/right hand system that would be covered entirely by a riffle (or primairy weapon), hopefully one can dual wield single hand items this way (or atleast the flashlight) ... As you can see there is no slot for a secondairy weapon, but it would go on a belt slot instead.

If you open the backpack, the inventory would change and the whole 'right' would be available for backpack slots (so hands would go away as well as clothings pockets, and would be replaced by the backpack slots.

The brown on the side is obviously the ground, or somebody elses backpack. Selecting an item here would give you the option to 'take', if you open backpack you can 'take' it straight into the backpack. There is a fairly simple, 'To Bag' option from your clothing pockets, and a 'To Pocket' option once you are in the backpack.

There is also a 'misc' button that is currently filled with 'read/view' as i take it at some point we may get the option to read notes or view something in more detail.

* Design can be found in the link on my signature!

Interested what you guys think about this one :)

Edited by L0GIN
  • Like 1

While i think it looks nice, i also think you forgot a couple of things, mainly clothing slots ... I personally also realy like how currently one has to open and close one's bag, as it ads in just a tad of frustration that comes with a bagpack IRL... So i don't realy like how you can see everything you have in your inventory.

So i made the following inventory myself, and incorportated my own toolbelt idea into it (check 'reduce toolbelt space' suggestion in my sig for all sorts of packs/bag that could slot on the toolbelt), there is some other stuff woven in as well. like clothing providing inventory space through pocket spaces, only ONE visual slot, and a left/right hand system that would be covered entirely by a riffle (or primairy weapon), hopefully one can dual wield single hand items this way (or atleast the flashlight) ... As you can see there is no slot for a secondairy weapon, but it would go on a belt slot instead.

If you open the backpack, the inventory would change and the whole 'right' would be available for backpack slots (so hands would go away as well as clothings pockets, and would be replaced by the backpack slots.

The brown on the side is obviously the ground, or somebody elses backpack. Selecting an item here would give you the option to 'take', if you open backpack you can 'take' it straight into the backpack. There is a fairly simple, 'To Bag' option from your clothing pockets, and a 'To Pocket' option once you are in the backpack.

There is also a 'misc' button that is currently filled with 'read/view' as i take it at some point we may get the option to read notes or view something in more detail.

Interested what you guys think about this one :)

Nice, I just made a quick model of how the inventory COULD look like if it was changed, i mainly wanted to show the importance of inventory. Although your inventory would work perfectly and i give you my beans for it, i personally think that your nor my design is professional enough to be in the game but that is of no matter, as i said i only wanted to show the importance of inventory not its design.

In game development almost everything is related to each other. In this games (MODs) case inventory management is important but on the other side there is a huge risk of dying that eliminates the need of item organization in most cases. that is why i will most likely link this in another topic regarding increasing the survivability in the game.