Sign in to follow this  
Charlotte (DayZ)

US194 Admin Abuse - Teleported All Players

Server: US194

Time: Approximately 9:30pm EST. (give or take 12? minutes)

What happened: Short version: Admin teleported everyone onto the server to kill them- I'd guess for gear.

Long version: Every player on US194 was teleported into a barricaded warehouse near Balota (the industrial type building with blue doors). All the doors were closed and multiple barricades were up at every exit so that you could not escape before they killed you. The admin and I'm assuming his buddies were at the end of the building firing into the group of people that just got teleported. I saw a guy with an AS50, ghillie suit go down. I'm sure lots of others lost stuff too (myself included). Almost everyone on the server died. It was maybe 20? players.

Admins don't necessarily do this. Hackers do this.

This and provide some proof so devs know what happened and can try to prevent this further

Ugh, you people need to learn what admins can and can't do before you file these stupid "abuse" reports.

This was a hacker, admins can only kick, ban and lock the server.

Admins can do it. My friend admins a different server (it wasn't up to date yet so I played on US194 instead). When he got on TS, I actually told him "a hacker did (the above), please bring up your server so I can play there." And he told me that it was probably NOT a hacker. Admins have that power. He, as a server admin, could teleport everyone with no hacks if he wanted but doesn't want his server to get blacklisted. So that's why I posted it as admin abuse.

Edit: As for proof, I'm sure they log stuff like that on their side, so all the devs have to do is look for it. I followed the guidelines in the sticky. Screenshots/video were listed as "optional."

Edit2: My conversation with my friend is actually why the time I gave is "+/- a few minutes." I didn't know to report it until he told me to do so, and when I looked at the clock then, it was 9:43pm but the teleporting happened a bit before. Also, admins can do more than what you listed- restart servers, set time of day/when servers reset, etc.

Edited by Charlotte

Admins can do it. My friend admins a different server (it wasn't up to date yet so I played on US194 instead). When he got on TS, I actually told him "a hacker did (the above), please bring up your server so I can play there." And he told me that it was probably NOT a hacker. Admins have that power. He, as a server admin, could teleport everyone with no hacks if he wanted but doesn't want his server to get blacklisted. So that's why I posted it as admin abuse.

Edit: As for proof, I'm sure they log stuff like that on their side, so all the devs have to do is look for it. I followed the guidelines in the sticky. Screenshots/video were listed as "optional."

Edit2: My conversation with my friend is actually why the time I gave is "+/- a few minutes." I didn't know to report it until he told me to do so, and when I looked at the clock then, it was 9:43pm but the teleporting happened a bit before. Also, admins can do more than what you listed- restart servers, set time of day/when servers reset, etc.

I'll say it again.

ADMINS CAN NOT CHANGE THE GAME IN ANY WAY.

THIS IS A FACT.

I'll say it again.

ADMINS CAN NOT CHANGE THE GAME IN ANY WAY.

THIS IS A FACT.

b-b-but my brother's friends's cousin knows a guy that said he heard admins can teleport

Just because you as an admin don't know how to do something doesn't mean that others are equally ignorant. He is an admin and said admins can do it; I trust him- simple as that.

And it doesn't change what happened at all. The devs can see the thread and figure out who was doing what easily enough.

It also doesn't mean the two are exclusive- it could have been a hacking admin, admin and hacking friends, or maybe hackers and admins can both do this. It doesn't matter what you call it. The devs see all these threads about it, and they will figure it out.

Edited by Charlotte

Instead, I will simply say this:

Why the fuck would an admin hack you when they can kick, ban and restart the server? Just because an admin "CAN" do those things really doesn't mean your friend's version of the universe is correct and you got admin owned. Hackers are responsible for those things 9/10 times on every server. But as you said, the "devs see these threads - and will figure it out." Sure. In the mean time, keep blaming admins cause your friend hacks :blush:

lol I've never asked if he does; never had any reason to suspect. I've never seen him do anything sketchy, and he has terrible gear. We've lost stuff to tent bugs and camp raiders, and he was pissed (why be pissed if you can just spawn it in again? /shrug). He dies plenty and complains the entire time while running back to camp. But sure, anything is possible I guess. For all I know, you could all be hackers.

Why would an admin hack? I guess for the same reason(s) others hack? To see a "death match-teleport thing," play with super items, or whatever else it is that hackers do?? Idk, you'd have to ask them.

edit: not feeding the kiddie troll anymore. Call it a fuzzy bunny for all I care. You're a touch slow, huh? You can't seem to grasp that what you call it is NOT the point of the thread... it's to report what happened, so the devs can look at their logs and take whatever action they want to.

Edited by Charlotte

Just because you as an admin don't know how to do something doesn't mean that others are equally ignorant. He is an admin and said admins can do it; I trust him- simple as that.

And it doesn't change what happened at all. The devs can see the thread and figure out who was doing what easily enough.

It also doesn't mean the two are exclusive- it could have been a hacking admin, admin and hacking friends, or maybe hackers and admins can both do this. It doesn't matter what you call it. The devs see all these threads about it, and they will figure it out.

Sorry, but you're an idiot.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22386-admin-abuse-what-you-need-to-know/

admins can not do this man,,,, a hacker joined the server and done this

• Like 1