Sign in to follow this  
bassist05

NWAF ghoster.

Ok so me and my buddy went to a night server and were planning on loot farming the southern barracks for a sniper rifle, and to kill some server hoppers that hopped in the barracks for their loot as well. We encountered a ghoster, someone who logs out, goes on another server and moves to another location, then comes back.

After the loudest gun fight I've ever heard, involving at least 2 dmrs, some kind of lmg, and an ak variant or two, half the server was dead and me and my buddy were feeling pretty safe at the airfield, since only 1 person could possibly be up north besides us two. That is until a guy named kottonmouth hopped on. I spotted him running around inside of the barracks, which wouldn't have been possible if he'd not spawned in it since I was watching the door. He was trying to hop over the bench in the barracks when he saw me and took off running into one of the rooms, I shot at him as he ran but missed. My friend then threw a grenade in the building, but no luck. Then we saw him sitting in the lobby and figured he was going to leave the server soon.

No such luck. He sat in the lobby for about 5 minutes then left the server. About 5 minutes later, he logs back into the server (we were watching the player screen at this point.) We then went back on high alert and my friend, who was about to go into the barracks to see what loot had spawned, went prone right outside the door. I was back near the fence to the west of the barracks. My friend sees the guy peek out of one of the small industrial spawn buildings to the west of the barracks and immediately alt f4's. (I know I know, but he started the cheating first.) I move around behind the industrial buildings and swing the door open and I don't see the guy. Then I notice the barracks door is closed. So I get in a position to see the door and my buddy logs back in and swings the door open. He can see him laying down at the end of the barracks hall with his NVG's on.

That's when I get an idea. I run back to the industrial building and pick up some road flares I'd seen on the ground. I throw one right outside the window at the end of the hall and my friend rounds the corner shooting at the guy. But he isn't there. He is in the damn lobby again. He then leaves the server and we move positions again so he won't pop up on us. 5 minutes later he is back in the lobby again.

Sadly at this point it was 4 in the morning and we also didn't think it was worth one or both of us dying to this little bitch so we called it a night. We figured even if we did get a shot on him he'd still just log out and we wouldn't get any of his loot.

If you guys see a dude named kottonmouth on the server you are on, be wary.

Yep, people like this are fucking shit at the game. Saying that though, you're lucky, our team have been having massive trouble with script kiddies using tele/player location scripts and spawning in the AS50 TWS. Seriously, the AS50 Thermal is a fucking nightmare to deal with as you can imagine, it's impossible to hide.

Nice story. I hate ghosters. Just like combat-loggers, they just are even more a pain. You got to get out when they do that. They do it to come back and get you without you knowing. Best just to run as far away and get off when someone is ghosting.Thanks for the warning.

Yep, people like this are fucking shit at the game. Saying that though, you're lucky, our team have been having massive trouble with script kiddies using tele/player location scripts and spawning in the AS50 TWS. Seriously, the AS50 Thermal is a fucking nightmare to deal with as you can imagine, it's impossible to hide.

Yeah hackers are really getting bad. Luckily I've only encountered someone spawning in a helo and shooting me and others with it.

Nice story. I hate ghosters. Just like combat-loggers, they just are even more a pain. You got to get out when they do that. They do it to come back and get you without you knowing. Best just to run as far away and get off when someone is ghosting.Thanks for the warning.

No problem man. I figure us bandits are more likely to run into this dipshit then anyone so I thought I'd post a warning and story for you guys.

Edited by bassist05