GodOfGrain

1 hour interview with rocket

Yo, a recent interview of one hour length. Every alpha tester should have a look

to put things in perspective.

Plz bump it so many people can see it.

Regards

Edited by GodOfGrain
  • Like 3

Thanks for the link.

Very informative!

Edited by HanoverFist

Watched the whole thing (server list was being wonky) and I have to say I kind of like the attitude that Rocket has adopted. I get the feeling that DayZ is going to be a very tumultuous development but has the possibility to be something truely wonderful at the end of it.

I gotta give props to Sidestrafe as well, clearly an intelligent guy. Was very nice to hear some insightful questions asked for a change (as opposed to that mindless woman from FPSGuru who also interviewed him recently and kept talking over all of his answers). Actually, I doubt she was even listening to him.

• Like 1

I actually had posted this in another thread yesterday. Glad to see SideStrafe getting some recognition!

• Like 1

while I am indeed glad I watched the video and it was nice hearing about rocket talking about the perspective and goals of dayz. I really like his views on not being biased and he's just an all around great guy for keeping an open mind to all people and player types. Call me a naysayer, but. This interview was honestly nothing but a broken record. Everything he described is exactly what we have heard him say 100's times before. We already knew all of this information through other video interviews and forum posts. Why wasn't security of the game brought up when mentioning authenticity? How does being mass summoned to a spot and being put in front of a firing squad increasing the realisam of the mod? Is having the entire server blown up by a server nuke part of the realistic goals of the game? What are the goals to help prevent the hacking thats been running rampant? What about design ideas behind putting an end to things like dissconnecting during gunfights and stopping ghosting? How about the discussion of arma 3 and if dayz being porting over is going to help improve upon things like duplication of items all over the place and the summoning of hacked items? Where are these questions? What about serverwide support to help prevent hacking? ideas for that? Instead of sounding like a broken record. How about asking him for things we as the players of Dayz really want addressed and fixed so we can actually enjoy the "authenticity" and realistic goals of the game. Duping and Hacking and Tent overflow and breaking your legs on doorsteps is the concerns people want to know about. Not The same rehashed things that we have all already heard him talk about.

<edit> also what about zombie pathing and plans for aggro and ideas for changes to hitting through walls and .... just nevermind guess all that stuff isn't what people want to know about.

<edit 2> what about talking about actually having official servers for the game and not having to play "find the updated server" for 3 hours before actually getting into a game? what about that? or what about updat<es breaking the game every time one is released and ruining everything inside all the tents that the people of dayz have worked so hard for? any news on any of that either? well guess not.

<edit 3> what about admins abusing their privledges and locking there servers for all the good loot? or kicking out players simply because they aren't part of their team? nah just tell me again how he feel's guilty for shooingr that player. thats more important.

Edited by ThePunisher

I gotta give props to Sidestrafe as well, clearly an intelligent guy. Was very nice to hear some insightful questions asked for a change (as opposed to that mindless woman from FPSGuru who also interviewed him recently and kept talking over all of his answers). Actually, I doubt she was even listening to him.

Yes indeed. I felt so sorry for Rocket to have a conversation partner like FPSGuru. Sidestrafe did a really good job on the other hand.