Sign in to follow this  
mtxsub7

Why is my game so laggy? Specs inside..

What kind of graphic settings are you attempting to run this on?

Make sure that in the advanced graphics settings that everything is Low/Disabled.....especially anti aliasing.

Also that website lies, to play arma II at any decent fps you pretty much need a mid-range pc.

I tried running it on my computers normal res [1980x1080] but it was too laggy, I lowered both the res. and 3d res to the same numbers but it seems laggy still, tried turning off post processing and had it on "low"

pic of systemrequirementslab - http://img689.images...61/73710920.png

The engine for ARMA 2 is CPU heavy. About 70% of the work is from the CPU, 30% from the graphics card. You'll want to upgrade that first gen phenom to a second gen phenom x4, at the least. They are about $110 on newegg right now and your motherboard should be able to handle it because they are the same socket type. You'll just need to understand the process of swapping out a CPU before you do it.

Also, look up your motherboard's CPU support list. If it doesn't currently support Phenom II X4s, you'll probably just have to do a BIOS flash. A flash is a software upgrade, if you are uncertain of what it is.

For now:

Turn off post-processing, it is useless and drags FPS down badly. Turn shadows off, terrain detail to low, object detail to low, view distance to about 1000. Video memory: leave at default. No AA/AS, HDR to normal. 3D reso to something that is good looking but not FPS killing (depends on how your rig takes it). There are a lot of tweaking guides out there, too, so check those out as well.

Edited by ThEgg