Sign in to follow this  
BanditoTheBandit

How do you get your gear?

Do you search for hours alone to find that rare heli crash and that great loot, or do you group up with people and use teamwork to find those wonderful gifts of weapons?

Or are you like me and kill people just to get loot :D

I use a combination of grouping with friends and hunting bandits. They always have the best loot, and are often alone (read: weak vs flanking).

Edited by TolEressea

Well just some seconds ago i meet 3 bandits that i managed to kill 2 and the 3 aborted, got a rare sniper and gps from them and then i keept runing up to my tent and on the way i found a tent with bizon, m14 aim and 2 rare snipers.

I been playing for a while and this is the first time i find this much loot so i guess its alot about being lucky :P, just keep searching and crossing your fingers :).

Starter gear: Bumrush through cherno or elektro and pray to the Rocket God that I don't get shot or eaten.

Medium grade loot: Head north! Stary Sobor or NWAF for assault rifles, big packs and ammo.

High grade loot: Only one sure-fire way of getting that top gear loot: kill another player camping outside elektro or cherno. Guaranteed heavy duty weaponry and survival equipment.

Do you search for hours alone to find that rare heli crash and that great loot, or do you group up with people and use teamwork to find those wonderful gifts of weapons?

Or are you like me and kill people just to get loot :D

We're in a group at all times though yes, when we do spot others we are in shoot to kill mode more so when we've been spotted. So far with my first week of playing we've been pretty lucky finding a truck with tents and other gear and then a downed chopper the next night.

Edited by jay.pis

I find an axe or any weapon, whatever I find first, I kill other people with it. The other day, I axed some guy a question and he had an m240 with 2 100rnd ammo but I never leave cherno or elecktro, only around the outskirts or along the coast between them.

No point in running all the way to the airfield or stary sober and probably die for weapons when I can get them in cherno or elecktro but I'm an asshole and just hunt for other people.

I group with lucky people, you know the kind, oh look a clearing, we have a 30% chance its empty, a 30% chance it has 1 (or more!) chopper crashes, and a 30% chance its a badly hidden tent city/vehicle containing all that hard work someone did and left for us to loot.

We've learned not to take vehicles though, they are too easy to kill with all of us in it.

Yet to see a tent city killed by a chopper crash spawn, but I'll screenshot it if I do.