Sign in to follow this  
BL1P

Vehicle ownership and theft prevention .

If you have a vehicle and 2 GPS.

You should be able to add (right click) one of the gps onto the vehicle and it would then show the vehicle on your map only as-long as you have another gps and you haven't died since you applied the gps.

All vehicles should have keys.

You should be able to take the keys out of a Vehicle :-

You then carry the keys called "white off road #1" as an item which can be taken of you're body or passed to someone else. (server only none transferable)

All vehicles can be hot-wired but there is a % chance that you set of the car alarm and the cars horn will then keep beeping for say 1 hr. (% reduced if multiple players attempt the hot-wire together.

Wheel clamps should be an item you can add to the vehicle (if its got wheels). Again they should be removable with a % chance of alarm going off if not the player who placed it.

If you own a Vehicle(have keys) and Satchel Charge (or 3 grenades) you can set up a nice little exploding anti theft device if the vehicle is stolen but the alarm goes off then the vehicle explodes.

If you own a Vehicle (with keys) and a Satchel Charge (or 3 grenades) + 2 gps you can use the 1 gps + explosives to create a wireless explosive device you can detonate from within 1k of vehicle.

Also I think we should have a rope which can be used to tow vehicles and hang car thief's :)

• Like 2

No.

Having too much fun stealing vehicles from players not paying attention :rolleyes:

I already have problems with server admins who decide that they own every car on the map and horde them all into their little campsite. why the fuck do they need that many vehicles... this would make it even harder to get one @_@

I already have problems with server admins who decide that they own every car on the map and horde them all into their little campsite. why the fuck do they need that many vehicles... this would make it even harder to get one @_@

I think it would make it harder for the hoarders to steal them back aswell.

Imagine poor hoarders crying when you detonate your quad in the middle of the vehicle stock pile and they loose all the vehicles they own :)

• Like 1

someone stole your car? :-P

i agree with booby trap but for everything you want, not just your stolen car. and gps traffic seems a loss of time and work to me..honestly

someone stole your car? :-P

i agree with booby trap but for everything you want, not just your stolen car. and gps traffic seems a loss of time and work to me..honestly

Actually nobody stole my car but I steal cars almost every other day.

I find it too easy though. hence the suggestion to make it harder and alow some sort of defense for owners.

I have had every vehicle in the game at some point and I have never fixed a vehicle. I steal them all.

Well to be honest yes I have had cars stolen from me but that isn't the reason for the post :)

Edited by BL1P

Okay so to find cars, we need to go out and find keys... if we lose keys? who replaces them? some magical keymaker of the wasteland?

No to everything in this. Learn to hide your cars. Don't get attached. Move on.

Okay so to find cars, we need to go out and find keys... if we lose keys? who replaces them? some magical keymaker of the wasteland?

No to everything in this. Learn to hide your cars. Don't get attached. Move on.

Rofl learn to read :)

Im not attached I just find it too easy to steal other peoples vehicles :) move along troll nothing here for you

All for the keys idea.. But, you should be able to break the car window or pick the lock.. And maybe this could sound a car alarm. :D

Edited by Disciple1994

Yeah keys would be great, and if your stealing it then hotwiring should take about 25secs. With basic tools or just a screwdriver, it could be 15secs or so.