Sign in to follow this  
SpartanJon

Stuck in Version 1.5.7 of DayZ

Hi All, Having problems updating to Version 1.5.8.2 of DayZ

First off I bought the Amazon version of ArmA 2 and all those threads instructing people how to get DayZ working, even the one specifically for Amazon buyers, didn't work for me.

I installed both versions, ran them both once, updated them to 1.6 and created the "@DayZ/Addons" folder in the right directory and all that jazz and it still didn't work for me. And that Shortcut stuff about "-mod=@dayz" or "-mod=@DayZ" Didn't work for me either (Unless all that was supposed to do was to make "@dayz" show up under my expansions window in the main menu of ArmA 2.

TL;DR => I had to check/enable the @dayz option under expansions in order to be able to play the mod.

After doing all that I was able to play the game and I had a great time, but then earlier today the new update rolled out and I had to update my DayZ files. At first I just used the DayZ installer from http://www.worrom.com/

[As I'm posting this I see they've released an update and will try the new installer after I post this to see if it fixes my issue]

And tried to join a server, but ever server I've joined so far gives me the following message:

"You are running and incorrect version of DAYZ_CODE, please download this file from dayzmod.com/downloads (You are running version 1.5.7 and the server is running 1.5.8.2)"

So since the worrom.com installer didn't work for me I downloaded the new files from dayzmod.com/downloads, unzipped them and put them in the "...@DayZ/Addons" folder.

Still. same error, stuck in 1.5.7..

I re-downloaded the files,

"You are running 1.5.7..."

I had my friends, who were playing successfully with the new updates, send me their code file specifically so that I could copy and replace it with my crap version.

Stuck in 1.5.7

Then I had my friends send me their entire Addons folder,

Stuck in 1.5.7

Then I uninstalled both ArmA2 and ArmA2:OA, and retried downloading files on my own, and using the files from friends.

STILL Stuck in 1.5.7

Now, I'm fairly savvy when it comes to technology, (i.e. I'm sure I downloaded the right files, put them in the right place, and unzipped them, etc.) But I'm at a loss here of what is wrong and how to fix it.

I'm running Windows7 64-bit and had the mod working earlier today.

So any suggestions or help?

Tried the new updater, v1.45

Doesn't work.

I'm having the same problem, no matter what I do I can't seem to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No I do not run the game with six updater.

I use the installer from

www.worrom.com

To download DayZ and while it worked in the beginning,

It no longer works now.

Additionally, as the first post says, I also have tried to place the DayZ files manually in the correct folder.

That also does not work.

I was playing the game just fine today, after update, I now cant get the patch to decompress, nor can I get the game to run it just sits in lobby an spams "trying to authenticate".... over an over.

I downloaded the new patcher an it wouldn't decompress the dayz_v1.1.5 rah

Got this problem too. People in game suggested using Worrom's installer, which for me hangs up and doesn't download anything. It could work for you folks though.

Yeah the Worrom's installer doesn't want to work for me, it starts off the path thinking I have the Steam version, which I don't. So, I put in the path that I know is correct, the one with Arma2oa.exe in it and it still says that the path is incorrect. I don't know what to do and I really want to play.

You can try downloading the .rar files directly from dayzmod.com/downloads

And then unzipping the files into the correct folder,

Caution, for me for some reason, I couldn't unzip directly into the correct directory, I had to extract them somewhere else and then copy paste.

I'll go ahead and try that again, but currently I'm still unable to run, same error.

Stuck in 1.5.7

Happening to me also, any help would be greatly appreciated..I am also using a version bought from amazon which seems to be a recurring problem with this bug

Probably not, because I've tried using files from friends that can currently play the game, but thanks for the offer!

Hi All' date=' Having problems updating to Version 1.5.8.2 of DayZ

First off I bought the Amazon version of ArmA 2 and all those threads instructing people how to get DayZ working, even the one specifically for Amazon buyers, didn't work for me.

I installed both versions, ran them both once, updated them to 1.6 and created the "@DayZ/Addons" folder in the right directory and all that jazz and it still didn't work for me. And that Shortcut stuff about "-mod=@dayz" or "-mod=@DayZ" Didn't work for me either (Unless all that was supposed to do was to make "@dayz" show up under my expansions window in the main menu of ArmA 2.

TL;DR => I had to check/enable the @dayz option under expansions in order to be able to play the mod.

After doing all that I was able to play the game and I had a great time, but then earlier today the new update rolled out and I had to update my DayZ files. At first I just used the DayZ installer from http://www.worrom.com/

[As I'm posting this I see they've released an update and will try the new installer after I post this to see if it fixes my issue']

And tried to join a server, but ever server I've joined so far gives me the following message:

"You are running and incorrect version of DAYZ_CODE, please download this file from dayzmod.com/downloads (You are running version 1.5.7 and the server is running 1.5.8.2)"

So since the worrom.com installer didn't work for me I downloaded the new files from dayzmod.com/downloads, unzipped them and put them in the "...@DayZ/Addons" folder.

Still. same error, stuck in 1.5.7..

I re-downloaded the files,

"You are running 1.5.7..."

I had my friends, who were playing successfully with the new updates, send me their code file specifically so that I could copy and replace it with my crap version.

Stuck in 1.5.7

Then I had my friends send me their entire Addons folder,

Stuck in 1.5.7

Then I uninstalled both ArmA2 and ArmA2:OA, and retried downloading files on my own, and using the files from friends.

STILL Stuck in 1.5.7

Now, I'm fairly savvy when it comes to technology, (i.e. I'm sure I downloaded the right files, put them in the right place, and unzipped them, etc.) But I'm at a loss here of what is wrong and how to fix it.

I'm running Windows7 64-bit and had the mod working earlier today.

So any suggestions or help?

Tried the new updater, v1.45

Doesn't work.

UPDATE:

I straight up deleted my @DayZ folder and I can still somehow run the mod, although it still gives me the message that I'm running 1.5.7.

I fixed my problem! It had to do with the ARMA II launcher program. I deleted the DayZ entry in that, installed 1.8.2, then reloaded it in the launcher. Fixed it right up for me!

Hope it works for you folks too