Sign in to follow this  
serpenta

WTF 2 steam accounts, same guy

I bought Arma 2 combined ops over a month ago to play day z and everything has been going well. With the summer sale and Arma off by 40% i figured id buy another copy of Arma 2 on a different steam account so that i could have friends play with me when they come over. Ive been playing on the new account all day without any problems. Just recently however me and my brother decided to play together so i logged onto my original arma copy. but when i logged into it i was the guy from the WRONG steam account. 2 separate copies of Arma but only 1 character!!!! What is this?

This is a completely different steam account from a completely different computer. Anyone know what is going on??? The only thing we share is the same IP because we use the same router.

Any help would be much appreciated! Many thanks.

Did not watch the vid but this guy will prob help you.

Edited by Miggy

Yep easy fix, simply reboot when changing steam logins. I load up my son's steam account to move his character etc but I have to reboot my machine to then load up my steam to play my char.

I don't THINK that should matter....

We have three accounts on two computers here and no problems.

You should probably look up how to find the cd key in your registry.

I noticed that if you log into one steam account, then another on the same windows account, it will still assume you are the first guy, even overwriting the cd key from the first account in the registry.

To be sure, sign out of steam on both computers.

Sign back into steam account 1 on computer 1

Make a new user account in windows on computer 2

Sign into that new windows account, then into steam account 2 on computer 2

???????

Profit

thanks folks for the reply. I will favorite this thread and try each response.

Thank you again!