Sign in to follow this  
zurrgle

My First Day in DayZ

Spent most of the day wandering around small towns/the woods.

Though I did go into Elektro. Got myself a winchester, when to the top of a building, it appeared to have a ledge (so I thought I couldn't fall) I walked towards it to try and get a good view. I fall off break my leg and end up dying. Also found an AK47 after I came back from dying, but.. ended up dying again. haha.

I come off for a few hours. Just got back on, got my self a PDW and an assault pack (a few grenades and stuff). I saw someone running from a TONNE of zombies. I decided I would help and kill all of them. Next thing I know I had been shot... they killed me.

So far I have had fun. But has deterred me from ever trying to help anyone at random again :P

Edited by Zurrgle

I help people all the time. I'd say it's 60 - 40 in favour of people saying cheers. The others try and kill me.

• Like 1

Yeah, I guess I could still help people (if I have the power to help them). Just be more aware I will probably be attacked after, that way I actually stand a chance.

Never help people ever. Let them go if they have no chance to hurt you if you wish, but if they have seen or will see you and can hurt you, just shoot first.

Exception to this is when you know the other person from before or aknowledge that you have a high chance of getting betrayed or just plain shot on sight.

I don't really try to interact with other survivors unless I know who that is. From my earlier experience: helping someone=bullet in my back. Also it happens to me pretty often that I manage to get myself some really decent gear and when i see someone I'm simply so scared of losing my hard earned gear that I just mindlessly pull the trigger and shoot anyone even if he's got only a flashlight in his hand.

I would encourage anyone to help other survivors, but you have to ALWAYS understand that they WILL MOST PROBABLY shoot you in the face and laugh. They'll take your help and kill you and take everything you have. EXPECT THIS.

When you expect it, you won't feel betrayed when you do help people. Don't risk anything you don't want to lose man. People are shit most usually. And greedy. But the people who aren't, you'll make their DayZ experience a whole lot better, and that's always a rewarding feeling :)