mattlightfoot

Rocket Defence Force and Anti-Rocket Alliance ASSEMBLE

I am neither a fanboy or anti-rocket boy. I declare myself as a funboy.

Dude is taking risks that are all design based. This is the best social games experiment in history. The fact that he has a test base of over 30,000 people playing the alpha. It wouldn't surprise me if the number is pushing 80k in total if not 6 figures.

According to frontpage the number of unique players is, as of Datetime.Now() 887,660 ;)

Communist Propaganda in DayZ. Very fitting considering its location and how DayZ works.

Location... lol, America is the most heavily indocrinated nation next to North Korea, ie secondly most brainwashed people on earth.

• Like 7

Location... lol, America is the most heavily indocrinated nation next to North Korea, ie secondly most brainwashed people on earth.

You do not understand what I am saying. In DayZ there are picture of Stalin everywhere in cities. Having a WWII style communist Russia Anti-Rocket picture made would be PERFECT.

I am not here to argue the semantics of political spectrum or debates. You are thinking WAAAY to much into the comment, Bro.

• Like 2

Why dont you all head over and try a warfare server. Careful, though. Some players have a 10 year headstart, so dont be expecting to pwn right away

Sandbox zombie games have been a nerd fantasy for years, and we owe Rocket for finally bringing one to fruition. However, Rocket lacks both the talent and the vision to allow this sub-genre to reach its full potential. While some of his quotes can be inspiring, the choices he has made in deciding the direction of the game shows that he doesn't understand the full implications of those decisions nor how to properly create a "brutal" survival experience. His only hope is that a stand-alone game will bring enough revenue in to bring aboard more talented developers - if the team stays as it is right now I anticipate someone with more ability and resources to come along and finally "get it right". Count me among the ARA.

Sandbox zombie games have been a nerd fantasy for years, and we owe Rocket for finally bringing one to fruition. However, Rocket lacks both the talent and the vision to allow this sub-genre to reach its full potential. While some of his quotes can be inspiring, the choices he has made in deciding the direction of the game shows that he doesn't understand the full implications of those decisions nor how to properly create a "brutal" survival experience. His only hope is that a stand-alone game will bring enough revenue in to bring aboard more talented developers - if the team stays as it is right now I anticipate someone with more ability and resources to come along and finally "get it right". Count me among the ARA.

While I understand what you're saying, I believe that Rocket's method is good. He's using the alpha to it's full potential by testing features and ideas in real time, which incidentely will evolve the perfect game by the time it goes gold. Rocket cannot please all players, because each player has different ideologies of what makes the perfect simulation. Rocket can only see the evolution of this game as a democracy, and add or remove features in a manner which abides by the interest of the majority.

• Like 1

I can't help but be on Rockets side here. He's only a designer for a game company, and yet he's came up with the idea for the most successful mod in history.

I also feel like BIS doesn't back him nearly enough. 920,000 unique players means nearly $3,000,000 in sales. To have this mod die off and become a dud come the day of standalone release would be a huge loss for BIS.

Not taking any sides here but someone mentioned something about soviet propaganda posters so I compiled this.

5m2E2.jpg

Edited by ELIsion
  • Like 16

Not taking any sides here but someone mentioned something about soviet propaganda posters so I compiled this.

5m2E2.jpg

Perfect, i'll join the ARA for this.

That's a very nice poster ;)

I can't help but be on Rockets side here. He's only a designer for a game company, and yet he's came up with the idea for the most successful mod in history.

I also feel like BIS doesn't back him nearly enough. 920,000 unique players means nearly $3,000,000 in sales. To have this mod die off and become a dud come the day of standalone release would be a huge loss for BIS.

Imma let you finish AussieStig, but "Gooseman" had the most successful mod of all time, of-all-time!

(I'm obviously talking about Counter-Strike)

• Like 2

Well when this whole anti rocket/rocket ally starts give me a shout I'll stick a 100 slot server up.

RDF all the way, count me in on the war. ARA needs some slappin.

• Like 1

I made an ARA signature/banner.

Here's a RDF one too:

otlpvn.jpg

Edited by King Midas

My skillZ are pretty bad but ... :)

All hail our glorious and beloved Leader

AS9vM.jpg

maybe i try harder later

Edited by knallfix
  • Like 1

2yjq8f4.jpg

I had a little more fun with this one.

Edited by King Midas
  • Like 1

The fact that one cannot criticize the mod or offer a suggestion without it being taken as a direct attack at Rocket's manhood makes me sad. I certainly am not anti-rocket because this mod rocks, but the RDF disgusts me. That said, these propaganda posters are pretty funny :)

5m2E2.jpg

My beans, Take them all! My request was fullfilled :3!

ARA all the way. Survivors beware.

I actually support Rocket completely, but my bandit gameplay would push me into the ARA~

Edited by U.B.C.S. Ravin

The fact that one cannot criticize the mod or offer a suggestion without it being taken as a direct attack at Rocket's manhood makes me sad. I certainly am not anti-rocket because this mod rocks, but the RDF disgusts me. That said, these propaganda posters are pretty funny :)

Are you implying Rocket likes boys mister?

• Like 2