infinitegrim

Anyone else feel that .50 cals....

you must be really fucking bored to do that, at least snipe places that deserve to be sniped, like stary or NWAF

man look at that guy doing his surviving thing...

Man, look at you, finding a reason to bitch and moan a hundred times a day about people who choose to play the game differently than you.

If only the world were full of LumberBacks. You could get together with 8 copies of yourself each sipping Mt. Dew with their right hands and pleasuring the LumberBack on their left with the other, all the while singing campfire songs.

Later you can roast marshmallows, do each other's nails and talk about boys.

Pillow fight!

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

I'm fine with this gun being there, at least its not straight at your face. I have never met a person with that gun and if they get me, good for them, I was the dumb one without overwatch. I think the gun in the game is fine.

The weapon wasn't added by accident. There is a very specific list of weapons in this game. They aren't going anywhere.

Quit your bitching and get used to it.

I guess my problem is that, we find M107's and AS50's more often then most M4/M16 variants, DMR/M14's, and other guns.

What is your PC config ?

I get 120Fps in the wild, and only 20 in town (or even just looking at a town).

i5 2500k 4.2Ghz

ATI 6970 2GB

16GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Samsung 120gb 830 SSD

Despite all the game balance arguments, I think such sniper rifles should not be in the game cause they do not fit the environment. Not even a bit. What's the setting? A very rural environment, the biggest settlement is a very small town, and most other stuff is villages. Would it make sense to send elite snipers there in case of a crysis? Obviously no. And the military presence we got there? A few tents and a small military airbase. I find have no idea how a .50cal should have gotten there.

As long as they are rare items it's not a massive problem. (Should be more rare honestly).

What a boring and scumbag way to play btw. InstaGibbing poor and freshly spawned scrubs on a crosshair and 3D noob server. Poor show old chap.

Edited by -lOldBoyl-

What like against vehicles scattered throughout the landscape.

Army's don't decide the weapons they need once their engaged!

However an anti-material rifle wouldn't be something you bring just in-case, its something you plan for and have intel backing up the reason to bring it, otherwise it would make more sense just to have designated marksmen with m24/m14 variant weapon.

Despite all the game balance arguments, I think such sniper rifles should not be in the game cause they do not fit the environment. Not even a bit. What's the setting? A very rural environment, the biggest settlement is a very small town, and most other stuff is villages. Would it make sense to send elite snipers there in case of a crysis? Obviously no. And the military presence we got there? A few tents and a small military airbase. I find have no idea how a .50cal should have gotten there.

actually there are a camp near the bolota airfield, tents in berezino, tents in cherno, tents in stary, and the barracks at the NWA, as well as what looks like an Planning area in berezino by the tents. So the military force was at least orginized but I agree that very expensive and generally not used weapons shouldn't be in the area as I have yet seen something that makes sense that they were needed prior to shtf.

Edited by Orthus

snip

Edited by Orthus

you're also dead if you're hit by any other sniper since 90% of the time they will incap you, leaving you as a free target for the second shot.

i personally love the .50 cal, AS50 and the Barrett, why? because its a one hitter quitter, killing those bandit fucks with one shot always gets me a chubby. Why? because they cant ALT-F4.

I go to the coast and counter-snipe the bandits and leave their body on sniper hill so that anyone that comes across their body can take their loot.

Charity

This is supposed to be in a former East Bloc nation. Why are there Barrett 50s and M4 everywhere? Advanced NVG?

You would be very lucky to find a junk Romanian AK47 pattern rifle or M59 SKS if not stolen and sold from the armory by the defecting soldiers, but far more likely to find a variety of 22 cal and 20 ga single shot break action rifles and shotguns made by machine shops of questionable craftsmanship. Plus military ammo calibers and magazines are highly restricted.

Plus getting *any* kind of optic on the AK platform is a pain in the ass with that side mount. I spent $150 to get a reliable mount so I could clean my Bulgarian Arsenal AK74 semi clone once in a while without worrying about losing zero. It's a crazy apparatus with a cam wheel way more complicated than the simple M1913 mounting platform used on NATO guns. The AK dust cover mounts are not repeatable zero.

The biggest missing attribute about the military rifles in-game is that none have a bayonet. A bayonet would be a great close quarter tool against an infected. The Lee Enfield infantry rifles came with a HUGE bayonet, turning the rifle into a pike.

From my limited time in game, too many high powered modern military rifles that wouldn't be around. One AS50 per map? OK. But I found one tent north of NWAF which had 3 AS50 and 7 DMR.