Sign in to follow this  
Faldarn

Can't you run DayZ through Steam anymore?

My friend told me i cant run DayZ through Steam anymore. Is this true? 'Cause i really want to..

Completely false information. Your friend is most likely broken the target and start in lines within the OA properties in steam and an error is preventing him from launching. He just has to fix the target and start in lines and it'll work again.

EDIT: Also, he might mean that DayZ won't work if you run the normal ArmA2 steam version. THat's true.

You have to make a shortcut of the ArmA 2 beta client, found in the steam Operation Arrowhead folder, then add the beta client shortcut to steam, then add the "target" and "start in" lines to make it work.

Google installing dayz for steam and you'll find instructions.

Edited by Daddy'o
  • Like 1

yeah you can, its just really hard to get the mod to work as original steam version of the game (1.60 I think) is obsolete for DayZ needs,the beta you can launch outside of steam for DayZ to be up to date etc.

Edited by disorder

yeah you can, its just really hard to get the mod to work as original steam version of the game (1.60 I think) is obsolete for DayZ needs,the beta you can launch outside of steam for DayZ to be up to date etc.

Yea im having this problem right now. Cant get it to work.

that's how I play dayz

Via Steam?

Completely false information. Your friend is most likely broken the target and start in lines within the OA properties in steam and an error is preventing him from launching. He just has to fix the target and start in lines and it'll work again.

EDIT: Also, he might mean that DayZ won't work if you run the normal ArmA2 steam version. THat's true.

You have to make a shortcut of the ArmA 2 beta client, found in the steam Operation Arrowhead folder, then add the beta client shortcut to steam, then add the "target" and "start in" lines to make it work.

Google installing dayz for steam and you'll find instructions.

Thanks man, Since im so lazy, can you post a link?

'Cause i have basiclly stopped playing DayZ because it won't work on steam.

Yes. I play DayZ through steam(or at least add the shortcut through it) but use sixlauncher to update everything for me.

Make a shortcut to launch ARMA2 Beta with Steam Overlay (Optional)

http://dayzwiki.com/...RMA2_Beta_patch

Thanks man! You *Are* a lifesaver!

Yes. I play DayZ through steam(or at least add the shortcut through it) but use sixlauncher to update everything for me.

Make a shortcut to launch ARMA2 Beta with Steam Overlay (Optional)

http://dayzwiki.com/...RMA2_Beta_patch

I've been wondering the same thing as the guy who started the topic, and you helped me a ton! I know it won't count my stats and stuff as a non-steam game, but I can access the overlay and take screenshots now. Thanks :)

It's not that hard to just manually update your files though :/

I've been wondering the same thing as the guy who started the topic, and you helped me a ton! I know it won't count my stats and stuff as a non-steam game, but I can access the overlay and take screenshots now. Thanks :)

Sooo it will be like a non- steam game?

"DayZ Commander" now has or will soon have the option to install DayZ with the Steam overlay, including the latest Arma II beta patches.

Edited by thisisbleep

"DayZ Commander" now has or will soon have the option to install DayZ with the Steam overlay, including the latest Arma II beta patches.

wat.