ringingraptor1

Can enable Global/Side chat for all players?

Epidemic of hackers in the game, but who cares, lets focus on the servers which have global chat turned on... seriously, if you are bored, do something to prevent whole servers getting fucked up by a single hacker instead of bitching at server admins who pay the servers with their own money.

Having global chat online changes the game experience, people rather chat with each other instead of insta-popping other survivers.

You give us (hosters/admins) no actual tools to "fight" hackers, and lets be honest, BE is a fucking joke. It takes about 5 Minutes googleing and 10 $ to get a working hack for Arma 2 with a workaround completly disableing BE. And in the Hacker forums, even if they get banned after cheating 2+ weeks, they buy a new fucking cd-key for a total sum of 10 $ and start again. Some hackers state, that they have roundabout 20 keys, others 60 (even selling them for cheap bucks).

Maybe devs should switch their focus a little.

If this "bitch at admins" policy continues, i'll take both my servers down, and i believe i am not the only one who will.

Edited by Uginator

I def feel like rocket thinks admins are the biggest potential hackers, and w/o us server owners bringing up servers for people to play on this game wouldnt be shit.

I understand alot of the rules because it is in alpha, but if these draconian insulting admin rules persist after gold I doubt most server ops will bother making new ones.

We are the ones paying for you to have your time in the spotlight right now rocket, w/o server owners making server your game would not be able to facilitate this many people, so you would have less exposure, less data for testing and well more time on your hands. Show your appreciation (as we do by paying for the servers to host your great game) by taking care of the server ops and giving us some ACTUAL hacker protection tools other than banning us form even the ingame server control........

Apparently they haven't pissed off the people that make their game possible enough, now they threaten to fuck you in the ass if you turn side chat on.

For a game that has actively shut down single player modifications, enforcing multi-player only stance... you sure don't like people to play with each other.

Edited by DemGators
  • Like 1

I think as server hosters we should respect the wishes of the guys that work their asses off on this mod.

But Suzie, that makes way too much sense and some people have none.

Let me think... you have a point although at the same time, im a gamer, i play the way -i- want to play, and if that doesent suit some people, then fine find another server to play on, my server my rules... and im sure some people agree with me on this, since we all have our different playstyles and prefer diferent things, like for example...

i wouldnt mind lights in the cities at night, id love my chat back, also, as an admin id like to be able to actually tailor my server to how i want other people to feel when they come on it, so they feel like .... hey this is a friendly server that i can call my home, with helpful people and a nice admin, and that would require me to have a chat, it also as someone stated ... makes it easier for ME to chat to my fellow players.

yes yes, i know we have the "Global" announce channel, where we can announce stuff like server restarts etc etc ... but its a one way comunication, wow... i like to rant alot.

point is, im putting -Time- ... -Effort- .... -Money-... into the equation, id like my fucking control back thanks rocket :)

(Edit): I'd also like to add that the developers should keep their efforts pointed at the mod, and stay away from the server side of things, let the hosters do what they want with the tools you give them, sure there will be some abusers, they are easely blacklisted, just because you've lost control over your "mod" doesent mean everything will crash, oh and please do not think im whining or crying, i accepted the rules when i became an Host/Admin, i know what i can and cannot do, i just like to speak my mind. Thanks for Listening.

well spoken sir. became a server admin recently to (hopefully) keep the real spirit of DayZ alive once we have control. No diss to rocket, can't thank the guy enough.

how douse the softwere( dayz )get to tell the server host, what can and cant happen on hardwere they dont own??? is there a contract to fill out or something?

The only downside to global chat was the morons who'd mic spam it. (Which could be fixed with some work) Other than that I had absolutely no issue with global chat. It actually made the game more enjoyable for me because it helped create a community. Sometimes playing in complete isolation is boring.

I can see why they'd want it disabled, but it should be up to the server host if they want it on or not. If someone doesn't like global chat they can easily play on another server that doesn't allow it, and vise-versa.

how douse the softwere( dayz )get to tell the server host, what can and cant happen on hardwere they dont own??? is there a contract to fill out or something?

No, there is no contract. You can do whatever you want on your server. However, this is a double-eged sword. The Devs can also choose to blacklist your server from the hive if they so choose (in which case you could always just set up a private HIVE).

Anyway, there's been a lot of talk about blacklisting, but is there any evidence of servers actually being blacklisted? I have read of no examples.

The point of removing the global chats is retarded, another way the Devs are ruining their soon to be game.

Now i do agree that the dev's are going a bit too far by dissableing sidechat, but the fact is, that if you are connected to the hive, you have the possibility to mess up the game quite a bit. If admins were for examble to give players rare / not in dayz guns, they would be able to transfer these to other servers. This explains why the rules are so strict, however doesnt explain the removeal of sidechat. Something i love myself.

These strict rules, made me choose to host a private hive server instead. If you arent satisfied with your limmitations, you could just host a private hived server instead. Thats the choice. If you want acces to the dev team's database, you have to abide to some serios restrictions. If you don like that, go private hive.

I think you are going mighty all out rage on the dev team, and yes. Server hosters are a big part of DayZs success, and i agree there should be a bit more freedom. Some better admin tools and such. However, this game/mod is still in the alpha state, so you cant expect it to be fully featured yet. Thats the idea of an alpha. Implement features.

Now go easy on the devs. They have a long enough checklist to go through, and screaming serverowners i'd imagine would be the most dismotivating.

Rock on dev team ;)

You are NOT allowed under any circumstances to edit your mission file. Period.

It WILL result in your server being blacklisted.

http://dayzmod.com/f...klisted-thread/

Yes, editing the mission files is completely against the rules, that's why Rocket gave his explicit support to the developers of private hives and DayZ missions for other islands...they did that completely from scratch did they?

I personally think its absolutely F'in retarded that admin's do not have to option to enable side/global chat, they pay to put up with all shiz that comes with being an admin running a DayZ server and they can't even enable side chat which as far as I know makes no difference to the way a server actually runs.

I personally think its absolutely F'in retarded that admin's do not have to option to enable side/global chat, they pay to put up with all shiz that comes with being an admin running a DayZ server and they can't even enable side chat which as far as I know makes no difference to the way a server actually runs.

When you purchase/host a server you fully understand the rules going into it so why complain? if you don't like it don't get a server.. if you didn't realize what you can/cant do then why even buy a server so blindly??

WHERE'S YOUR LOGIC

When you purchase/host a server you fully understand the rules going into it so why complain? if you don't like it don't get a server.. if you didn't realize what you can/cant do then why even buy a server so blindly??

WHERE'S YOUR LOGIC

Of course, everyone bought their servers after those rules were put in place, there definitely were no servers months before theses nonsensical rules were introduced.

Edited by QuantumAI

Of course, everyone bought their servers after those rules were put in place, there definitely were no servers months before theses nonsensical rules were introduced.

As I said, you don't like the rules? then go host a private server. Rules are bound to change as this alpha mod progresses, you just have to learn to deal with it.

I too was very pissed at the removal of side chat, it's made my server pretty much die off.. but I choose to keep it running and not complain because complaining about it isn't going to do jack shit for you..

:D and now the rules have been changed. Specifically allowing private hives, and no more mention of editing the mission file being against the rules. Glad to see someone finally saw some sense.

Edited by QuantumAI