ringingraptor1

Can enable Global/Side chat for all players?

I personally really like having a type of Global chat on my server, but I cannot find any options to enable it on my server. Is there a possible way?

I personally really like having a type of Global chat on my server, but I cannot find any options to enable it on my server. Is there a possible way?

You can freely enable it in the config

Disabling side chat was a decision the devs made and is not negotiable unfortunately. Enabling side chat IS considered breaking DayZ server hosting rules.

You can freely enable it in the config

This is NOT true.

Disabling side chat was a decision the devs made and is not negotiable unfortunately. Enabling side chat IS considered breaking DayZ server hosting rules.

This is NOT true.

Actually, it is. Rocket decided to remove it as default, i cant say whether or not its not allowed to re-enable, as it is NOT stated in the rules thread in the server section.

EDIT: It is mentioned on the knowledge base section on the new site.

Edited by Suspenselol

We have gone over this probably a dozen times.

It is NOT allowed under any circumstances. The only way to enable it is by modifying the mission file.pbo - which is prohibited. It is not a config setting or a server.cfg edit.

There was once a Rocket post about 2 months ago where he said he wouldn't blacklist servers that do this. This policy has been corrected multiple times since then in which they are explicit that it is not allowed.

Personally, I would love the option to turn it back on, but as it stands - if you turn it on your are likely have your server suspended or blacklisted until it is fixed.

To further the point I created this thread weeks ago to figure this out: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22481-definitive-side-chat-server-message-will-i-get-blacklisted-thread/#entry221361

I feel I made the best, cohesive argument for having it turned on or allowed. However, the DayZ Dev team were clear in that it cannot be turned on. As server admins you have to either accept that or be willing to have your server blacklisted.

We have gone over this probably a dozen times.

It is NOT allowed under any circumstances. The only way to enable it is by modifying the mission file.pbo - which is prohibited. It is not a config setting or a server.cfg edit.

There was once a Rocket post about 2 months ago where he said he wouldn't blacklist servers that do this. This policy has been corrected multiple times since then in which they are explicit that it is not allowed.

Personally, I would love the option to turn it back on, but as it stands - if you turn it on your are likely have your server suspended or blacklisted until it is fixed.

What he said verbatim.

Thanks guys, personally I think that it's fucking stupid that you can't turn it on, but whatever. Server's should have a lot more freedom, global chat doesn't hurt anyone.

a few servers have it on with no problems. i'd say, server admins, just go ahead and enable it, and tag it in the server name, so we can find it with the filter.

a few servers have it on with no problems. i'd say, server admins, just go ahead and enable it, and tag it in the server name, so we can find it with the filter.

Searching the forum, last i heard this was no longer an option. Someone please confirm!

I know allot of people who would love to have GC back (i would really like to enable it - people can actually inform the admin what happens on the server etc - it would help me in many ways!)

Searching the forum, last i heard this was no longer an option. Someone please confirm!

I know allot of people who would love to have GC back (i would really like to enable it - people can actually inform the admin what happens on the server etc - it would help me in many ways!)

Your not supposed to have it on but if your running a server you can always take the chance, just don't be too surprised if there's consequences.

Your not supposed to have it on but if your running a server you can always take the chance, just don't be too surprised if there's consequences.

Thanks, for me that`s a no and i can only hope Rocket will allow us to choose ourselfs in the future..

i don't think there's a consequence of having global chat enabled, i think dayz crew are aware of some of the servers that have it enabled, and those servers are still online.

i don't think there's a consequence of having global chat enabled, i think dayz crew are aware of some of the servers that have it enabled, and those servers are still online.

Good for them :) but i would hate to lose a server because of this / piss of the DEVs :)

Thanks anyway.

i think the dev's should let us enabled it. until there's a radio system implemented, a lot of people like to be able to communicate with other players/groups via global chat.

Edited by Zorg

You are NOT allowed under any circumstances to edit your mission file. Period.

It WILL result in your server being blacklisted.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22481-definitive-side-chat-server-message-will-i-get-blacklisted-thread/

Well yeah, but the fact is that lots of servers DO have it enabled and are not blacklisted.

but will be eventually, I banned 1 person and had DEVS in my TS3 in 10 mins telling me I can't do that, all things take time.

Dante-Shawn, a DayZ Dev, has said as clear as day that servers are not allowed to have global or side chat on at any time and are opening themselves up to be blacklisted. Now, the fact does remain that several servers do have it turned on but they are doing so at their own risk.

Well yeah, but the fact is that lots of servers DO have it enabled and are not blacklisted.

Everyone will get their day in court.

isnt this a multiplayer game?, what did i miss ? Chatting with people ... building a Comunity, creating your own server... do i need to say "Paying" for the server, they shouldnt block admins from doing ANYTHING to THEIR servers, at all.

PERIOD:

• Like 5

isnt this a multiplayer game?, what did i miss ? Chatting with people ... building a Comunity, creating your own server... do i need to say "Paying" for the server, they shouldnt block admins from doing ANYTHING to THEIR servers, at all.

PERIOD:

I do tend to agree but this mod is in alpha and its one of the rules to not edit the mission file right now. I am sure once it gets in later releases or standalone, it will be an option

I think as server hosters we should respect the wishes of the guys that work their asses off on this mod.

I believe it was said that the side / global chat felt like it didn't fit the mod properly. I tend to agree to that argument.

However, on the other hand, I also think that it would be a good idea to give hosters the choice to put side chat on or off.

We'll see what happens in the future. Until then, I personally definately won't be trying to get the chat back when said it's not allowed.

As soon as its available for my server it will be going back on ASAP

An RPG Multiplayer game with no ability to talk to other players on the server? that i do not get at all...

When they removed it they should of atleast put something else in to give the players a way of communicating... radios etc

I do know as a matter of fact some people i introduced to the mod gave up and stopped due to this..

2 two penneth..

I think as server hosters we should respect the wishes of the guys that work their asses off on this mod.

I believe it was said that the side / global chat felt like it didn't fit the mod properly. I tend to agree to that argument.

However, on the other hand, I also think that it would be a good idea to give hosters the choice to put side chat on or off.

We'll see what happens in the future. Until then, I personally definately won't be trying to get the chat back when said it's not allowed.

Let me think... you have a point although at the same time, im a gamer, i play the way -i- want to play, and if that doesent suit some people, then fine find another server to play on, my server my rules... and im sure some people agree with me on this, since we all have our different playstyles and prefer diferent things, like for example...

i wouldnt mind lights in the cities at night, id love my chat back, also, as an admin id like to be able to actually tailor my server to how i want other people to feel when they come on it, so they feel like .... hey this is a friendly server that i can call my home, with helpful people and a nice admin, and that would require me to have a chat, it also as someone stated ... makes it easier for ME to chat to my fellow players.

yes yes, i know we have the "Global" announce channel, where we can announce stuff like server restarts etc etc ... but its a one way comunication, wow... i like to rant alot.

point is, im putting -Time- ... -Effort- .... -Money-... into the equation, id like my fucking control back thanks rocket :)

(Edit): I'd also like to add that the developers should keep their efforts pointed at the mod, and stay away from the server side of things, let the hosters do what they want with the tools you give them, sure there will be some abusers, they are easely blacklisted, just because you've lost control over your "mod" doesent mean everything will crash, oh and please do not think im whining or crying, i accepted the rules when i became an Host/Admin, i know what i can and cannot do, i just like to speak my mind. Thanks for Listening.

Edited by Althaluz
  • Like 1