Sign in to follow this  
feriluce

Six updater doesn't update properly?

So I literally just ran 6updater to get the latest version, and it seemed to download ok. However, when I tried to join a server the screen started flashing black and it told me I had 1.5.8.1 instead of 1.5.8.2. Any way to get 6updater to download the correct version?

So I literally just ran 6updater to get the latest version' date=' and it seemed to download ok. However, when I tried to join a server the screen started flashing black and it told me I had 1.5.8.1 instead of 1.5.8.2. Any way to get 6updater to download the correct version?

[/quote']

I am in the same boat, man. Hopefully this issue is fixed soon. I can't play with my buddies :'(

And the sites download for the new patch is confusing as fuck. I don't have any torrent programs or know how to use them. I have winRAR, but, don't know which rar files to download or where to extract them too exactly......

A read me file for unsavvy tech dummies like me to hold our hands and walk us through patching would be nice. Or even a *gasp* an "AUTOupdater" (I know, I know, mind = blown).

its stuck at

Extracting files from : dayz_v1.2.5.rar.....

Which files? All rar's? What's the path for extraction?

I even tried verifying and repairing the mod. Six Updater just doesn't recognize v1.5.8.2 yet. I am sure it will be fixed by tomorrow though.

Dego, i updated my post above with some more info... but here's your steps:

1 - Go here: http://mirror.tritnaha.com/

2 - Download the file "dayz_code_v1.5.8.2.rar"

3 - extract the two files from inside the rar file (using winrar or 7zip or wotever)

4 - Copy & replace the two files into your @DAYZ\addons folder.

edit: NOTE: This assumes you've updated to 1.8.1 already using SixUpdater

If you dont know where your @DAYZ folder is:

a) open Six Updater

b) Right click on the @DayZ MOD (which is in a folder that you named - probably DayZ)

c) Select "Open mod in explorer"

Happy dayz.

Dego' date=' i updated my post above with some more info... but here's your steps:

3 - extract the two files from inside the rar file (using winrar or 7zip or wotever)

a) open Six Updater

b) Right click on the @DayZ MOD (which is in a folder that you named - probably DayZ)

Happy dayz.

[/quote']

Many thanks! Will do now.

Dego' date=' i updated my post above with some more info... but here's your steps:

a) open Six Updater

Happy dayz.

[/quote']

I can confirm this works, thanks again.