Sign in to follow this  
ctccoco

Disconnect countdown and penalization

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this to be done?

• Yes.
    • No.

Well, it´s really annoyin when you are going to kill somebody or people who disconnect when zombies see them just to be safe. Those are cheaters for me and makes this mod much more easier and less realistic.

My suggestion is to when a player choose to left the game, there´s a 20 seconds countdown and the player do an animation when that happens like crouch just to show other players that he want to disconnect. And, of course, a penalization for those who left by internet loss or by task manager (like less blood).

With this, players can´t disconnect when zombies see them or when they want to be safe unproperly.

What do you think?

Thanks for read this, and sorry for my bad English.

Edited by CTCCoco

you should just be forced to go AFK for like 10-15 sec. That way you can still be killed.

No, because you can stay 10-15 seconds and still escape. And other players don´t know if you are going to exit or what. With an animation they will know, and player should wait 20 seconds since he want to exit, like World of Warcraft and games like that.

Edited by CTCCoco

I am going to vote yes for this but I think the idea can be made even simpler than that.

Simply keep the character in game when someone disconnects for 3 minutes. Prevent them from logging into another server for 5 minutes when they disconnect. If they want to log into the same server after a legit disconnect such as a PC restart or power bump they can. That gives enough time for either the zombies they are running from or the player they are avoiding to kill them. When you want to log out legit simply add a timer for 30 seconds to the Abort option where the player has to stay still, unmoving for that timeframe or the logout stops.

This has been talked about so many times already. It would have been implemented already, but it would be a pain to do it in the MOD. This will be a feature in Standalone. Please use the search function or watch some interviews with Rocket.