Eddie (DayZ)

What does your gun look like?

Two identical machines (mine and my wife's). Same Arma CFG file (video settings, resolution, FOV, etc).

The only difference is that I am using a male skin, and she is using female.

Is that why the perception of the gun is off? (both are at the same view level, not zoomed in or out)

ibhx7o.jpg

2mdb91.jpg

Do you both have the same FOV settings? Check under the advanced graphics options.

P.S - If it doesn't work out between you two, a wife that enjoys Day Z sounds pretty good to me ;)

Edited by Fraggle

Do you both have the same FOV settings? Check under the advanced graphics options.

Yes. I actually copied the Arma2 config file just to be sure, and we are using the exact same settings (default FOV)

That's strange then, sorry that was my only guess as to why that would be.

Actually, my last guess, I think I've cracked it! Is your wife using the female character? If so then it will be because the male and female characters have a slightly different posture, so the view from first person perspective will look slightly different. It has to be that . Now I really am out of ideas.

That is what I first thought it may be, I have looked all over to find an image of a female first person view to double check, but it has been harder to find than you would think...

P.s - That's my favourite gun BTW. I found one the other day and it rocks.

Game Options -> Aiming Deadzone = Same value?