Sign in to follow this  
huthatis

Hackers are ruining this game

US #00 and US 314. Joined US #00, got teleported to the NW airfield along with every other player on the server and surrounded by bear traps. Those of us who managed to get out were given mk 48s and a deathmatch ensued. Kinda funny, except I left the server, joined US 314 and the same exact thing happened. Seems like the same hacker having fun at everyone else's expense. Within the past 24 hours I've been the subject of hackers' "jokes" five times; three ports, one godmode killing, and once being killed by an A-10 warthog, so this is me doing my part and trying to help fix the problem, even know I know nothing can/will be done about it. I don't take this, or any other game too seriously, but this is getting old and its ruining my DayZ experience. I don't know what the dev team is doing, but I've heard some discouraging things, ranging from Rocket refusing to enlist more help to issues being "unfixable." I've been playing this game for about a month now. The first few weeks I rarely encountered hackers, but now I can't join a high population server without being trolled by one. This is a really fun game and has a lot of potential, but in terms of hacking, I have not ever played a game that's been this bad. Battle Eye is a joke. Reporting is much too difficult/ineffectual/pointless and judging by the number and type of posts under this topic and my own experiences, the problem seems to only be getting worse. Much worse. What's being done to fix the problem? The community is growing, but that won't last when new players figure out that they don't stand a chance versus bandits and hackers, and veteran players such as myself will quit because the devs focus on silly issues such as adding bear traps to the game instead of fixing real problems. I can't knock the devs too much because, knowing nothing about coding, I can only imagine that its hard as hell and there will always be trolls who want to hack/cheat/ruin the game for others, but please don't let them win? Good luck.

• Like 2

I usually advise people to let the devs do their thing and not worry about the exact path software is taking..

But wow, I have to agree here. I think that minimizing and getting ahead of the curve in the scripting arms' race should be a priority for the dev team.

You should know it's always a cats and mice game. There is a anti cheat detection for a reason. Alot of money goes out in keeping that safety check going. Unfortunetly in this case, hackers are the mice and battleeye the cat.

Again rocket cant do anything about the hackers ingame, It's battleyes job to catch the hackers. So stop flaming on the forums it will do no good.

Dumb attitude. You apply pressure where you can and hope it gets passed on. Good luck complaining in the official battleye forum which doesn't exist.

Long story short it doesn't matter whose responsibility it is, it simply needs to be addressed ASAP if you want to maintain, much less grow the playerbase.

Please keep in mind this has nothing to do with DayZ and its dev team. This has to do with BattleEye and server security. the DayZ dev team made the mod but the ARMA2 engine is whats getting hacked. it has incresed because of DayZ but it has nothing to do with their code.

It happened on NL 17 as well. And on US 477 there was a hacker with military gear and outfit(NO DAYZ outfit) shooting everyone with a M249. I killed him once(his in game name was Maggi but he can change it ...) and then he respawned next to me again. Then i Alt F4'd fuck those hackers.

Yea, like I said, I know nothing about coding, and I am not trying to flame here, so please keep those types of replies out of here. I am just letting my frustration out in the only place I know where to do it. I am doing it with respect so don't take it the wrong way. Even if its not the dev's job to police hackers Bohemian Interactive has a very strong interest in fixing the game and taking the advice of us players. They've made a lot of money off this mod and in my opinion, they are actually in a position to lose a lot of they don't fix these problems. Thank you for the constructive replies clearing up that its not the dev's responsibility to fix hacking problems. I just hope others post helpful threads that spur whoever is in charge of such things to fix the problems.

In an update, I joined another high population server and it was hacked as well. Three helicopters flying around, half of Cherno leveled. Probably done with this game for a few days. Cheers.

• Like 1

Yeah i'll stop playing myself too for a few days wait till it gets better. It is good that the hacker topics are popping up at this high rate, so the devs(even though it is not their fault) can see how many hackers there are today.

• Like 1

Yeah i'll stop playing myself too for a few days wait till it gets better. It is good that the hacker topics are popping up at this high rate, so the devs(even though it is not their fault) can see how many hackers there are today.

I agree 100%.... There is 6 pages of reported hacking just today. This needs to STOP NOW.

You should know it's always a cats and mice game. There is a anti cheat detection for a reason. Alot of money goes out in keeping that safety check going. Unfortunetly in this case, hackers are the mice and battleeye the cat.

Battle eye must be a 15 year old one eyed cat then. 'Cause from where I'm sitting the mice are kicking ass. :|

Dude.

Okay all the hackers fucking got banned.

Just saying. Battleeye updated and caught them all. dont get your pannies in a bunch

I'm afraid they didn't catch them all.

Plenty of teleporting going on in US599 ( about 8 hours ago). My squad was teleported out of a bus into a field with about 38 other players. Within a minute, the server was down to about 3 players as everyone left. Tell me that isn't killing the game...