Sign in to follow this  
SShady187

Injuries During Weather Storms!

• Stay near safe shelter and try to avoid high terrain, golf courses, and bodies of water during high lightning activity (late morning to evening).
  • If you are caught above the tree line when a storm approaches, descend quickly. Avoid isolated trees. It is better to run into a forest.
  • Electric storms can also develop in the middle of the night. To lower your odds, don't pitch your tent near the tallest trees in the vicinity.
  • Hikers, golfers, and others should run into a forest if a shelter or car is not nearby.
  • Drop metal objects like golf clubs, tennis rackets, umbrellas, and packs with internal or external metal frames.
  • Get off bicycles, motorcycles, horses, and golf carts. Metal bleachers at sports events, metal fences, and utility poles are also to be avoided.
  • If you are caught in an open field, seek a low spot. Crouch with your feet together and head low.
  • If Someone Is Struck: People who have been hit by lightning carry no electric charge and can be safely tended to. Also, victims who appear dead can often be revived.
  • If the person is not breathing, begin mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. But if a pulse is absent as well and you know cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), begin CPR. Stay with the victim until help arrives.
  • Don't sit or lie down, because these positions provide much more contact with the ground, providing a wider path for lightning to follow. If you are with a group and the threat of lightning is high, spread out at least 15 feet apart to minimize the chance of everybody getting hit.
  • Don't return to an open area too soon. People have been struck by lightning near the end of a storm, which is still a dangerous time.
  • Swimmers, anglers, and boaters should get off lakes or rivers and seek shelter when storms approach. Drop any fishing rods. Boaters who cannot get off the water before the storm hits should crouch low. Once on land, get at least 100 yards away from shore.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    BTW, this is off of a saftey site but as of right now when i see it lightning and raining ( i noticed when it rains my temp goes down here and there but lightning doesnt affect anyone ). Im not to worried it doesnt mean any thing kinda like what "Rocket" said about Skyrims snow. Although no exact figures on lightning fatalities are available
    Although no exact figures on lightning fatalities are available.
    There is no central agency to which lightning accidents must
    be reported. Average annual number of deaths in the U.S. at 100,
    137, 151, 300, and even 600.About 70% of all fatal lightning accidents involve one person,
    about 15% occur in groups of two, the remainder involves
    three or more deaths per lightning event. Between 75 and 85%
    of all lightning deaths and injuries are to men, probably because
    they are more likely to be out-of-doors.About 70% of all
    injuries and fatalities occur in the afternoon, about 20% between
    6 p.m. and midnight.
    REF:http://131.247.128.63/CAM/exhibitions/1998_12_McCollum/supplemental_didactics/24.Uman3.pdf
    i tried to skip a few things. to make a short.

Is this a roundabout way of you suggesting people should get struck by lightening in the game?

Well, hes already going to be later on implementing Blizzards i think he said. so why not just put in lightning storms we already have "lightning storms" they just arnt real just somethin in the backround.

Well, hes already going to be later on implementing Blizzards i think he said. so why not just put in lightning storms we already have "lightning storms" they just arnt real just somethin in the backround.

Blizzards are real danger, the cahnce of geting struck by lightnigng is still like 1:100,000

ya, but it would give it realism feeling there would be things that could get u caught. i dont like it when its just a backround noise, thats more or less what im going for im not lookin for it to just pick people off.