xPandaHunterx

New Player - I just hit the mother-load but I'm really low on blood. Suggestions?

This is only my second life, and I decided to go crawling through Cherno.

I find some pretty good stuff - I've got an Enfield and a Makarov with more than enough clips, a hatchet on my tool belt, with bandages, water canteen, and other medicine/food.

I don't want to push my luck, so I decide to get out of the city. As I turn the corner, there is a guy just laying prone facing me, and he open fires immediately. I quickly go back around the corner and wait, then I jump out and start blasting him with my Enfield. He goes down (yay! the first time I have succesfully defended myself against another player!) and, to my surprise, I didn't agro a single zombie with my Enfield! How lucky is that?

I go over to him to see what he has, and I hit the motherload. I'm talking everything I could have wanted. Map, military flashlight, compass, watch, a pretty rare-looking shotgun, a morphine injector, and a lot of other awesome stuff. He had a good backpack, too (Even though he fired on me first, I kinda feel bad. He must have survived a while to get all of this stuff. He was probably just scared that I would have killed him - and if he hadn't shot at me, I wouldn't have).

Here's my problem - He got me once or twice, and my blood is pretty low (1500-2000). I bandaged myself up, but the low blood keeps making me pass out. Food gives you blood right? Can it also fix bones? I had a broken bone, but I ate some food the guy had, and it went away. Anyway, should I just head north, finding food as I go and slowly filling up my blood? This is the most items I've ever had, and I don't want to loose them yet.

I know that you can get blood transfusions, but I don't know anyone else that plays this game. I've been going solo - I have not yet traveled with friendly players for more than a few minutes (some randoms).

So does anyone have any suggestions? I logged out because I'm about to leave the house for the day, and I don't have time to deal with this right now. When I get back tonight, I'm going to have to figure out a way to get out of my situation, and I'd love some suggestions. I'm pretty badly hurt, and I need to go somewhere where I can be relatively alone (because I keep passing out) and can regain my health.

Thanks.

If you have Matches, and a Hunting Knife, you could use your hatchet to gather wood from some trees, and cook meat you get off of some animal (restores 800 blood). Other than that, you pretty much need somone to fix you up :\

Edited by Rolling

morphine for bones, food for blood my advice in that situation is simply find somewhere secluded and respawn and gather your stuff back, with that low blood and the fact you're passing out it may take a while and be incredibly boring finding a new town or looking for food.

if memory serves there is a place to ask for help on the forums but where it is i forget,

or list your server, timezone and name etc and i'm sure someone can help, unfortunately i cant as i'm out today

I would love to help you man, but I'm very far north at the moment.

Find a matchbox, hunting knife, and hatchet, kill animals, get some wood, and cook the meat. 800 blood per cooked meat.

• Like 1

Cooked food gives you the most blood(800 according to a random guy on my server). To heal a broken bone you need morphine which looks like a stick and is found in hospitals. To get cooked food you need to find meat or a hunting knife so that you can get meat from a dead animal. After that you have to cook it on a fire which can be set on almost every gas station with that green barrel. That's about it. Otherwise respawn and find your body again. But make sure you're on a server with only a few people. I tried doing that before after i fell of a lighthouse(a glitch happened and i went through a wall) but 2 people already got their fingers on my dead body so 10 hours went to waste. I had a big backpack 2 weapons and a hatchet loads of food and cooked meat and binoculars and a watch and basicly everything. I'd suggest you do that and try respawning until you're closest to your body.

If you have Matches, and a Hunting Knife, you could use your hatchet to gather wood from some trees, and cook meat you get off of some animal (restores 800 blood). Other than that, you pretty much need somone to fix you up :\

I got matches off the guy, and I found multiple hunting knives and hatchets. That's what I'll do when I get back tonight - head up north and hunt.

I know that I'll die eventually (everyone does) but I'm not ready to give up all this gear yet.

Thanks.

Edited by xPandaHunterx

theirs also a thread in here somewhere about some guys that help out by giving blood, they gave me and my group and found us fairly quickly. They also got on our vent to make sure we didnt have to chat in game...was awesum.

Thanks for all of the suggestions, but my game saved wrong and, when I booted it back up, I was on the other side of the city without any of my new gear.

I'm just going to respawn on the coast...

Oh dude don't hit respawn! I've had that happen (log in with missing gear) and I just abort and try again and get my stuff back, sometimes.

i usually find all these pretty quick lol you regain blood from killing animals gutting them cooking and then eating them, morphine fixes broken bones, honestly unless someone gives you a blood transfusion or you are able to cook a raw meat with wood + matches will make a camp fire, otherwise i would probably respawn if you keep blacking out :\

I would love to help you man, but I'm very far north at the moment.

Find a matchbox, hunting knife, and hatchet, kill animals, get some wood, and cook the meat. 800 blood per cooked meat.

forgot about having a hunting knife to even be able to gut the animal lol

Oh dude don't hit respawn! I've had that happen (log in with missing gear) and I just abort and try again and get my stuff back, sometimes.

I tried, but I still didn't have the gear, so I just respawned.

too bad, these times is one of the few times I am around the coast, wouldve patched you up with a bloodbag :(

I'm a carebear who loves saving injured players... honestly sometimes when you hit the motherload you just need to put it on the line. Call for help. If somebody helps you, both of you will get a happy feeling out of it. If the person shoots you... well... you will probably hit another big cache of loot (dead body, good scouting trip, winning a gun battle) again the same day. I have seen my fortunes come and go a few times a week (often dying for being too friendly, lol).

Edited by lugaru

This is why rocket nerfed starting gear. And I for one am glad that it is making people more excited about finding gear.

Never respawn. The point is to survive, not to have every item you dream of.

This is why rocket nerfed starting gear. And I for one am glad that it is making people more excited about finding gear.

Yeah, no starting gun makes new lives much more hectic and rewarding, but this guy didn't have just starting gear. In the OP, I listed about a quarter of what he had. For a newer player, that was really the motherload. I doubt I will ever find such a well stocked bandit again.

Anyway, none of this matters anymore. Since this encounter, I've spawned and died twice. The first one is a pretty good story, actually.

I was walking along the railroad tracks, when I see this lone guy running. He hasn't seen me, so I get down, and start crawling toward him - just to get a closer look. I'm about to cross the road when I realize that this guy isn't alone - His buddy's truck is barreling down the road toward me so I drop again, hoping that he doesn't see me. They do. As they are opening fire, I see this little golf-cart like car and a Humvee coming down the road, with a helicopter close behind them. Now, a bunch are shooting at me and I just get lit up. I had no chance. That was the first time I ever saw a vehicle, let alone so many and a helicopter!

Anyway, I spawn a while later (had to go do some stuff) and I see a huge fire in the distance. I go over, and the helicopter is in flames, with the Humvee nearby. No clue what happened - maybe a bigger group came by and wiped them out. I didn't see the other vehicles - maybe stolen.

It just goes to show - They were powerful to the point where I had no way of defending myself, but there are always bigger fish in the sea. I guess that there is no point in fretting over loosing your gear. Someone is always going to have more stuff and be better at the game than you.

-On a side note, is it possible for one helicopter to take out another helicopter? I'm just wondering because I don't think that they can be taken out from the ground - how did the helicopter get destroyed? Maybe with his buddies being attacked, the pilot crashed by accident.