Sign in to follow this  
Sturmgeist

as the night falls

i lean my trusted rifle to a tree. as i let myself sink on the wet ground, my knees crack, almost as loud as the fire 5 feet away.

'im running too much...', i moan. 'im crouching too much. and im proning too much.'

i look at the stranger sitting right next too me. he is not carrying a weapon. his eyes are still shiny, like mine were, many days ago. now they are dry. dead. he must be new here...

i reach into my pack and as i open a can of beans, i can see his hungry glances.

'you want some?'

he nods.

i reach into my pack once again and give him another can. we remain silent as we eat.

'your first night?` i ask?

he nods again.

'let me tell you a story. let me tell you the story about my first day in chernarus....

i was washed ashore close to a small dock. later they told me it was the small industry harbor east of elektrozadovsk. when i gained consciousnes, sun was about to set. the first of the creatures surprised me. i stood there, scared to death, with nothing but my bare hands and shaking legs. i ran. i never ran that fast in my live before, but i couldnt get rid of the thing. i saw my last chance in jumping into the ocean. desperatly i tried to reach a small island in sight, but it was too far. i was too afraid to look back, but when i finally did, i saw that i made it, the creature was still standing on the beach, about 500 feet away.

slowly i made my swim back to the shore. it did not seem to be a good idea to stay in the open, so i decided to head for the forrest, to make my way along the street. about 5 minutes later i reached a small town. my breath caught. there were more zombies than i could count... but i needed food and something to drink. the salty seawater had made me thirsty. i stayed in the forrest as long as i could, then crouched as long as possible, to make sure non of those beasts saw me. the trainstation looked promising. but instead of something to eat i just found some lonely shells for a weapon i didnt have. and zombies. their screaming echoed in my ears, as i sprinted to the sea once more. on my way through the town more and more zombies began their hunt, i made my prayers already. on the way, i even lost my backpack, but once again, i could run them out, using the sea as my guardian.

i became desperate. i had nothing anymore. with my backpack gone, i only had my flashlight and some bandages left. it got darker and darker, i needed food! so i decided to test my luck. i sprinted to the dock of the small town, throwing myself on the ground, hoping that nothing would happen. and i was lucky. i found a can of beans in the building, and was ready to make my way out. proning along the shore seemd to be a good idea, since the area was infested by zombies.

so i did that. i made 30 feet. 50. 100. still zombies. i held my breath, when a zombie was passing by not more than 6 feet away. then i saw something from the corner of my eye. half a second later my head exploded. the last thing i heard was the sound of two survivors sprinting on me from behind, the last thing i saw was their backs when the continued sprinting, without even stopping, with 10 zombies on their heels.

and this is how i died. shot from behind, while crouching my way to safety, carrying nothing but my clothes and a can of beans. 59 minutes. welcome to chernarus.'

as i finish my story we remain silent again. we are sitting on the ground, staring into the flames. after a while he rises. 'thanks for the beans'. his first words. then he turns around to leave.

'hey!'

he turns around and flinches as he sees me pull my handgun.

'you gonna need this.'

i hand him the revolver. he nods, gives me a greatful glance, turns around and dissapears in the darkness.

its time for me to leave as well. its dangerous to stay at the same place for long. espeacially during the night. especially around a campfire.

my knees crack as i rise. 'i run too much', i say to myself.

we all do...

Edited by Sturmgeist
  • Like 4

I bought the game yesterday, I haven't been able to play yet. Not sure what to expect, but the way you told your first day was amazing. Thank you for sharing! Any advice for a complete noob?