Sign in to follow this  
Nex (DayZ)

Fixing a heli?!

I have a rotor assembly with me and trying to put it on a heli (on a private hive) ain't working, won't give me the option. Someone help me out? Thanks.

There's no heli's at the mo. Not sure how private hives work though. Kind of defeats the object of the game. You might as well just use the Armoury in the Arma menu if you just want to run around playing with no risk involved.

scrap metal is key. get lots of it. try having 2 scrap metal and the engine parts on you when you go and fix it.

private hives are essentially servers that aren't on the server list and have separate databases. not sure if they are allowed or not. It's fun to mess around on.. try out all the vehicles (including choppers) get all the loot.. but in the end it's not even close to playing on a real server.

Edited by hbombs

There is also a lot of magic involved with repairing. Walk in circles around the vehicle till you find a new option with mouseover menue.

Maybe sacrificing a chicken or shooting in the air 3 times could help.

I thought it was shooting 3 chickens into the air, Don't get me started on geting the context Menu for loading the chickens into the rocket launcher though, bloody voodoo that is.

There's no heli's at the mo. Not sure how private hives work though. Kind of defeats the object of the game. You might as well just use the Armoury in the Arma menu if you just want to run around playing with no risk involved.

No choppers at the moment? My friend just found a functional one a week ago and another friend just saw one fly over head not even twenty minutes ago.

No choppers at the moment? My friend just found a functional one a week ago and another friend just saw one fly over head not even twenty minutes ago.

Could be hackers. They are rampant these days.

One jumped out of the bushes at me near Balota with a Ghillie, Hatchet, and a Coyote Backpack. He was back shortly after to try to kill me again with the same gear. Like 5 minutes later -_-

I have a rotor assembly with me and trying to put it on a heli (on a private hive) ain't working, won't give me the option. Someone help me out? Thanks.

Try getting in, then getting out and pointing at the chopper.

Btw main rotor assembly only fixes the MROT, for the ATRQ (secondary rotor) you need 6 scrap metals, and you cant fly without it (spins around).

Edited by everystone