DayZPvP.com

Online Debate: What is the Best PvP Gun in DayZ?

Tin cans and crowbars are my weapons of choice. When you win a fight with those you completely demoralize your opponents. They'll be too ashamed to ever talk about their defeat.

Lack of a single shot kill and variations on milldot rangefinding make the DMR pretty shitty. If it's not a one hit kill, i'd rather have an L85. At least that zeros in.

As far as i'm concerned, the DMR is quite possibly the worst sniper rifle in the game. It's probably night vision enabled for that very reason(Much like the L85, on it's merits as an actual rifle, ranks pretty damned low).

You're funny.

Is it really that hard for you to click twice; or headshot? it has a 20 round magazine.

8k blood per shot with a scope that does not require zeroing whatsoever. Can be used at night and knocks players out once they get hit with it.

Pretty fucking great gun if you ask me.

-------------

On the subject of the L85; the gun does have zeroing but it has a maximum effective range of 300 meters. So if you shoot someone with it that's 400 meters away it does like 200 damage. Test this by shooting a far off zed. It will take 4-5 body shots to kill it.

Edited by dakisback

AKM or M16A2.. but that's my opinion since finding it and ammo for it is quite common

AKM is a good PvP weapon and it's my favourite rifle (I am a legit player).

But nothing wins AS50, it destroys everything. I haven't found the actual weapon, but I found 3 mags for it one day. Yeah, three actual AS50 mags, not the M107 ones.

Edited by Sutinen

Lack of a single shot kill and variations on milldot rangefinding make the DMR pretty shitty. If it's not a one hit kill, i'd rather have an L85. At least that zeros in.

As far as i'm concerned, the DMR is quite possibly the worst sniper rifle in the game. It's probably night vision enabled for that very reason(Much like the L85, on it's merits as an actual rifle, ranks pretty damned low).

Is everything besides the AS50 and L85 shit? You almost never find those. Be realistic, AKM kicks ass and so does the M14. DMR has solid power and range.

Won't deny the all round suitability of the AKM, it's an outstanding PvP weapon and I've been bested by one plenty of times but for me its the M14 all the way, I usually take on a scouting role in the group I play with and this gun is ideal for that, huge .308 stopping power, ammo that you can find almost everywhere, the ability to convert 4 M24 mags into one DMR mag and vice versa, hits dead on out to 400/500m without zeroing and the Aimpoint sight is well suited to CQC aswell as mid to long range engagments. Add to this the fact it looks the part and atleast for me personally the fact that since I found my first one I seem to find them everywhere and you can't go wrong, couple this gun with a M9SD for zed's and your a force to be reckoned with.

I traded with a dude just recently, gave him a M4A1 CCO SD with a few mags with an alice pack, jerry can and some other small stuff for a Coyote backpack and a tent. I figured I would be losing out a little bit, but when I got the backpack he said he left me some goodies. Next thing I know I just traded all my stuff for a tent and a coyote backpack loaded with an AS50 and 6 full Nato magazines and a bunch of other great stuff. Great guy. Still probably won't use the AS50 simply cuz I suck at sniping and never find anyone to kill at range, but you never know.

My question is, Now that I got this killer gun with lots of higher quality ammo for it, what should I trade it for? I was thinking maybe an FN FAL with a few mags and some NVGs for a OHK night-vision long range assault rifle :3 but tell me what you think would be better.

Should've added that if your a city lurker then the shotguns, or the military ones to be specific are also a great choice, the way damage is calculated for pellets is 2000 blood per pellet and each cartridge contains I think either 9 or 11 pellets, either way one well placed cartridge can drop a player with one shot even at full health and will still severely wound if your a little off, and slugs while not as effective (4000 blood per slug, which makes no sense to me because a slug essentially turns your shotgun into a .73 caliber rifle, which would seriously ruin your day.) can help to make someone keep their heads down long enough to let you close in/flank a little if they're out of range of your pellets.

Definately the MK48. Perfect scope on it, ammo easily found (200 rounds for 1 slot), 8k blood EACH hit, rounds per minute is insane, and generally scary to be up against.

MK 48 mod 0 simple. Ammo is common. with the fore grip and bipod if ur prone, that thing is deadly accurate. high rate of fire, high damage, and massive clips or drums i guess. You hear dmr fire? woopty doo. All i think is ooooh sniper yay. Hear a mk 48. i hit the freakin deck. someone sprays those 100 rounds only 2 of em need to hit and you're done. 8k blood damage

What is the ultimate best gun for PvP in DayZ? Please comment over on DayZPvP.com and let us know what you think. At the end of the week I will put up a poll and we will have a vote to determine the ultimate best PvP gun in the game. Let us know what is your favorite and why.

DayZPvP.com Online Debate: What is the Best PvP Gun in DayZ?

Take your advertising and shove it up your ass!

FUCK

YOU

I think most of you are going about this the wrong.

You should be assuming a table in front of you with all the guns and ammo for each. Which is the best? Not BLA ammo rare, or gun is rare. Pick the best absolute best.

If I'm knowingly going into a danger zone I always pack the FN FAL. It's an absolute beast with a long reach.

Mk48, AKM and even the SAW are more then adequate second choices though.