Sign in to follow this  
Billbo

The joys of getting shot

Hello guys...this is not a rant about bandits or pvp but i wanna share my last 4 hours with some people and hear similar tales of success or failure

So i just respawned and being a fairly new player...had little idea where i was...i knew this town before...and proceeded to the nearest industrial building and to my luck located a axe and a dead player freshly looted....

This got my nerves running..

After crawling in the town for about half a hour trying to locate a open house i found one...located a can of pasta and another dead body inside...with a crossbow and 3 bolts on his body i took them and headed off

After walking for about 1 hour northish (no clue) i stumbled into another town...i did read somewhere about possible snipers...so i took my time and looked around and foolishly presumed my safety...heading towards a barn...no less then 50m away...i hear a awful crack and my screen blurs....he missed his shot...and i scrambled in the barn.

Not taking my chances of running against a possible sniper...i sat and waited...taking the chance to eat my pasta and chug a pepsi i found...waiting for what seemed forever...(about 10 mins...)the player i presume shot me....walked into the barn.....scared shitless...i loaded my crossbow and prepared to die...

He turned....my life flashed before me...i fired first and scored a leg shot....he fired...i hit the deck and passed out...but by luck he also passed out

I woke first and left in a hurry after stopping the bleeding....(i regret not finshing him but it was the first time i ever saw a live player)and headed into the woods..

Shortly after i found a deer stand?(correct?)...and climbed in...and found a ak 74...with a 30 round clip...and just as i pick it up...a ungodly crack was heard...and i was killed instantly . the short life of a newbie who went toe to toe with someone for the first time

Yup, sounds about right. You were pretty unlucky. I've never had any problems with deerstands. Probably best to check the area or at least watch from a distance next time.