Sign in to follow this  
TheBlackJim

DayZ Not Working When Launched in Steam

Hey guys! I am new to DayZ, and I love it. But I have one question.

So I installed DayZ in the Six program, it works fine, and I assumed that since it was installed, I could launch Operation Arrowhead on Steam and play DayZ with Steam integration. Well, it just launches plain ol' Arma 2. It's not that big of a deal, I can still play from Six, but I would love to have Steam integration.

I've seen 3 guides coming by in the past hour that tell you how to do this (one was my own). Search. ^^

I've seen 3 guides coming by in the past hour that tell you how to do this (one was my own). Search. ^^

OK, thanks. I'm a noob :P

yap its the curse of this forum , same posts over and over , im probs to blame for some of them so :P

if u installed six launcher u use that if u want to use steam then u need to read the tutorial on installing dayz with steam or manual install.update of dayz through steam its easy with all the help from people on the correct threads :)

if that aint working for ya you can try my manual instal and uninstal your six crap :P

just use dayz commander. i used to trust six updater,

but it is complicated and not really doing what i want.

getting this to work from within steam must be one living hell to explain.

Edited by Azrail

Meh, too complicated. I'll just use Six and wait till DayZ becomes stand-alone and hopefully has Steam there :P

It's not that complicated.

Install files, move the exe.

If you haven't, make sure that your launch options are correct... But the launchers work for many, as well..

Meh, too complicated. I'll just use Six and wait till DayZ becomes stand-alone and hopefully has Steam there :P

after you get six launcher, you let six launcher install the beta patch, the dayz mod and everything. after that, you want to go into your steam arma 2: oa folder under...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta

copy arma2oa.exe

go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\

rename the arma2oa.exe that's in there and paste the other one.

in your steam library goto arma2oa and goto properties and launch options and paste this into it:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz

in your steam library under arma2oa, right click it and it should list "launch arma 2: combined operations" use that.

and no, it comes up as arma 2 oa, not dayz dayz is just a mod. it will never be stand alone. if it does become stand alone a lot of work outside of the dayz mod has to be done. but right not it's just a mod of arma2oa.

six launcher also has a launch with steam option as well.

after you get six launcher, you let six launcher install the beta patch, the dayz mod and everything. after that, you want to go into your steam arma 2: oa folder under...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta

copy arma2oa.exe

go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\

rename the arma2oa.exe that's in there and paste the other one.

in your steam library goto arma2oa and goto properties and launch options and paste this into it:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz

in your steam library under arma2oa, right click it and it should list "launch arma 2: combined operations" use that.

and no, it comes up as arma 2 oa, not dayz dayz is just a mod. it will never be stand alone. if it does become stand alone a lot of work outside of the dayz mod has to be done. but right not it's just a mod of arma2oa.

six launcher also has a launch with steam option as well.

Where is the launch with Steam option in Six? I haven't seen it.

Where is the launch with Steam option in Six? I haven't seen it.

ditto on that I have not seen this option

Since u got dayz installed via sixupdater & are lazy likely myself. No point making extra work

Download & use http://www.dayzcommander.com/

Basicly u use Six Launcher to update DayZ when needed.

Use DayZ Commander as a server browser it also settings to launch the game via steam, besides it has nicer interface / features imo

No manual installing / updating the mod...

Edited by Torndeco

Since u got dayz installed via sixupdater & are lazy likely myself. No point making extra work

Download & use http://www.dayzcommander.com/

Basicly u use Six Launcher to update DayZ when needed.

Use DayZ Commander as a server browser it also settings to launch the game via steam, besides it has nicer interface / features imo

No manual installing / updating the mod...

DayZ commander doesn't show any servers. Sixlauncher works fine for me, but I haven't figured out how to launch with steam yet.

• Open Steam.
  • Click the Games menu.
  • Click Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library.
  • Click Browse.
  • Navigate to, most likely, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta. If you are not running 64-bit Windows, remove (x86)from the path.
  • Choose arma2oa.exe.
  • Click Open.
  • Click Add Selected Programs.
  • Open your Steam Library.
  • Right-click arma2oa in your games list, and choose Properties.
  • Rename it from "arma2oa" to "DayZ".
  • Set the Target to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@dayz" -nosplash If you had to modify the path in step 5, do so here as well.
  • Set the Start In line to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead If you had to modify the path in step 5, do so here as well.
  • Click Close.

You should now be able to run the game from within Steam using the "DayZ" shortcut.

http://www.dayzwiki...._.28Optional.29

Edited by Tobes95