partyzan

MERGED: Different Islands

Ovaron would be like extra cool due to the presence of many towns and the two big airfields; this would prevent going only to the NW airfield for good weapons.

Also common map names could significantly improve player meeting thanks to the lack of Russian named places. 90% of players use this http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/images/chernarus_big_hq.jpg even without map, so there is not too much more help to players.

Then entereable buildings and river in the map make loot more accessible and boats finally useful. I find it harder to survive in town than in countryside, so the more accessible loot comes with the risk of being trapped in a city full of zeds where if you shoot, you attract a deadly horde.

The new player spawn could be in the center of the map to make groups spread all around, against the southern/coast based actual one.

------------------

However i don't think this is the main goal which developers should aim to.

Chernarus is 29x29km. Ovaron is only 10x10km, as is Lingor. Looks like Chernarus is the only wooded terrain large enough to work well. There are one or two exceptions but they don't have the important coast line.

Arma3 should support much larger maps or rather, the engine should be optimized enough that much larger maps are playable.

For the A2:CO version of this mod? It really needs a custom map(s).

+1 for fallujah. I would love to see a large scale city map play with DayZ. I can imagine it would be a lot of work to implement, but it would be so sweet. Tons of zeds would mean people joining up in small gangs roaming the streets for safety. If not fallujah at least a large city map would be fun.

IMO. We need a Bigger Map, running in one of these:

http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-cetera/swedish-game-makers-smash-world-record-for-largest-online-fps-game-999-players-20120131/

Seriously. If you guys make a campaign to raise founds to affort one of these. you guys can "shut up and take my money"

Thx for the attention.

Divinorium

And sorry my poor Grammar.

I love Lingor and would love to see this implemented. The 1.337 version of the map is really superb.

It would just be nice to have a change of scenery!

This idea may seem totally unrealistic - I am not a modder and I don't know if it could work. But would it be possible to add the little island of Utes to the default DayZ map?

This is more of a question than a suggestion. I really don't know if it's possible. I could see it in two ways (IMPLYING it's possible) :

- Adding Utes IN Chernarus, like, you take a boat, you can directly go there.

OR

- If a player boards a boat, in the scroll menu he could have "travel to Utes" ... The map would change (dunno if it's possible for a server to host two Arma maps but Utes is kind of little) and they would spawn with their boat in the sea, near Utes.

Implying it's possible to do, and implying that modders would like to add it (which seems not very probable to me though), here's how I see Utes:

Utes haves an airbase, and military base. There were some Americans there before, and in EW, a bunker on Utes is mentionned.

Therefore, Utes would be full of incredible loot (Helicopters and planes, but also military gear such as NVGs, holo sight weapons, snipers, ammo...) but also full of zombies, more than in the biggest locations of Chernarus. There would be some fully working boats on the coast to return to Chernarus when you want.

Basically, turning Utes into a high level place of some kind.

Any chance of seeing that one day?

Ok it seems somebody already mentioned Island Lingor but this Island is my 2nd suggestion