Sign in to follow this  
Ihai

Stuck on Loading screen

Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED:

• Steam

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?:

• Not sure about this one. I just downloaded the game through steam and am using Sixupdater

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file:

• Sixupdater. I did try DayZ Commander, because Sixupdater didn't work previously but not improvement.

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible:

• Tried taking screenshots but it's just taking them of my desktop. I'm getting 2 issues: Battleye: Client not Responding. If this isn't the issue and I manage to get past this then it is stuck on the loading screen

*Your PC specs:

• Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
  • 8.00 GB DDR2 RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
  • Primary Hardisk: SSD 60GB, Secondary Hardisk: 500GB average thing

*Your Operating System

• Windows 7 Home Premium

Some Extra Waffle (that I wrote before I found how to post a problem ^^ ):

This problem has been posted a few times, but none of the solutions provided on those threads seem to have worked for me.

I downloaded and installed sixlauncher and every time I would try to start Dayz, It would get stuck on a black screen with 'loading' across the centre. What I find strange is that I showed my friend how to install this and he's had no such problem! I'm using steam also.

I've tried installed battleye manually and the beta patches manually, but that didn't worked. I re-downloaded both Arma II and Operation Arrowhead last night, but that doesn't seemed to have helped.

Tried using DayZ Commander, but that didn't work either (althought I must say it seemed a lot smoother and responsive than Sixlauncher).

Also looked through the sticky thread of troubleshooting but this problem isn't mention there (I think it should be since it seems common).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, I'll be watching this thread like a hawke. Thanks guys :)

Edited by Ihai

Yea, Six Launcher SHOULD update both your beta patch and dayz, but I've read about many instances where Six Launcher doesn't work for some reason.

When you don't use SixLauncher you need to do a few extra things manually to make it all work though. Now this is how you would get it to work properly without sixlauncher:

- Install latest Beta

- Install DayZ

- You need top copy/cut the Addons folder from your Arma 2 folder to your Arma 2 OA folder.

- You need to copy Arma 2 OA/Expansion/beta/arma2oa.exe into your Arma 2 OA folder (replace the old file or rename the old file)

STEAM VERSION ONLY:

- Go to your steam library and rightclick Arma 2 OA, properties, edit launch settings, and put this in there: -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca

- Run the game through steam and hopefully it'll work perfectly now. :P

NONE STEAM VERSION ONLY:

- Then you need to make a shortcut to Arma 2 OA/arma2oa.exe

- Then you need to open the properties of this shortcut, and add this parameter behind the "target" field: -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca

- Run the game through the shortcut and it should work.

I'm at work atm so I could be slightly off on some of the folder names, I did this by heart so. ;x

I tried this solution posted by Hakultair, unfortunately it didn't work :(. I've undone these changes and back at square one :P

Same problems here. Tried all the fixes I can find so far. None work. Allso reinstalled/updated everytihing twice. I can get into some servers if Im lucky. Most of the time I get stuck waiting for charachter to create or stuck on loading.

Well hopefully some sort of staff member or anyone will a solution will post a reply at some point :D

EDIT: We have to remember too, Alpha is Alpha at the end of the day. Bound to have bugs ...

Edited by Ihai

Well hopefully some sort of staff member or anyone will a solution will post a reply at some point :D

EDIT: We have to remember too, Alpha is Alpha at the end of the day. Bound to have bugs ...

it's only the alpha, but the beta as well. arma2oa beta patch comes out just as often as a dayz patch.

Wonder if it would be better if patches for DayZ were released less frequently, might help....

There should be a sticky thread on this imo under troubleshooting

so i re brought the game, works fine with new cdkey. must be something about grabbing your character info

Ugh, I was afraid of that. I would much prefer them to purge my character data then have to but another copy. Do you have the Steam version? How does that work?

I have the same problem as well. It was working just fine an hour ago, but then i got a message saying, "bad version server rejected connection", trying to join the next server. So I thought that there must be an update and there was. I downloaded it and now i have the same problem as you guys have.

Yes and i also i downloaded the beta patch, but I still have the loading screen and the bad version issue still. I was recommended to verify both the games on steam and when it has finished it tells me that 1 file has failed to validate and will be reacquired. So hoping that it worked, i load the game once more and have both problems. I get back on steam and verified both games once again and it comes with the same message for both game,"1 file has failed to validate and will be reacquired." What should i do?